Open Your Mind and Enter

Either my sarcasm meter is on the blink, or you did not so much as glance beyond the site’s title, or you have far less than miniscule knowledge of Magic: The Gathering, which is a card game by the way, not a RPG.

I have played Magic:The Gathering, which is not a role playing game, and, while it does have its own mythos which a rare person might get confused with reality, this is not its mythos.

I am neither a Gamer nor a Trekkie, but have met plenty of folk who have those interests who are somewhere above slugs on the evolutionary scale.

(Although, there are the few - both Gamers and Trekkies - whose reality does not seem to have great crossover with the consensus reality)

And people who play Dungeons and Dragons are not necessarily Satanists either.

So you think you could have “fun” with us? For the alarming lack depth and breadth of your posts, I don’t think the intellecutal troucing you’d get from us would be much fun for you.

By the way, THE GATHERING has nothing to with the card game.

THE GATHERING is a reference to a line taken from a poem by DZOGCHEN TANTRA. If you could get past your superficial high school girly giggling fits you would have noticed that - upper left of the screen. It’s scrolling.

It’s subtle I know, but that’s why I’m typing slowly for you.

We discuss people like you all the time at our site; shallow, peer-dependent, and close-minded know-it-alls who make a superficial judgement before they even attempt to see what anything is really all about.

Now, I don’t think you’re all dumb, just hopelessly clueless. You’ve made up your minds and nothing is going to change that. The minute someone tries to show you something new, you pull away and start making farting noises with your armpits and acting like monkeys.

You are still welcome to come to our site and actually go PAST the main screen and look at some of the posts to get a better idea of what we’re doing there. But if you don’t, it won’t suprise me.

Anai Bendai

So you think you could have “fun” with us? For the alarming lack of depth and breadth of your posts, I don’t think the intellecutal troucing you’d get from us would be much fun for you.

By the way, THE GATHERING has nothing to with the card game.

THE GATHERING is a reference to a line taken from a poem by DZOGCHEN TANTRA. If you could get past your superficial high school girly giggling fits you would have noticed that - upper left of the screen. It’s scrolling.

It’s subtle I know, but that’s why I’m typing slowly for you.

We discuss people like you all the time at our site; shallow, peer-dependent, and close-minded know-it-alls who make a superficial judgement before they even attempt to see what anything is really all about.

Now, I don’t think you’re all dumb, just hopelessly clueless. You’ve made up your minds and nothing is going to change that. The minute someone tries to show you something new, you pull away and start making farting noises with your armpits and acting like monkeys.

You are still welcome to come to our site and actually go PAST the main screen and look at some of the posts to get a better idea of what we’re doing there. But if you don’t, it won’t suprise me.

Anai Bendai

“shallow, peer-dependent, and close-minded know-it-alls”

—Yeppers, that’s me all over, all righty!

See? We’re havin’ fun already!

I disagree.

Phbbt. Phbbt. Phbbt. Hey- I can play the Star Spangled Banner! Listen!
I looked over your mission statement; I read some of the posts. It still seems to me a bunch of New Agey, “everyone is right, all is acceptable, all has happened” clap-trap.

BTW- it would probably help me take you a little more seriously if you, say, got involved in some of the debates over here and tried making a case for your belief system (such as it is) before labelling me as ‘hopelessly clueless.’

well, she said it twice, that must mean she’s twice as smart as the rest of us :rolleyes:

Gee, and nobody’s suggested an invasion yet? Where’s Satan when you need him?

Anai Bendai: * bring it oooonnnnnnnn… *

Though you’ll have to wait until after I’m finished dissolving in laughter…

…though your “welcome to the gathering” sound clip might be better served by Pink Flyod’s “Welcome to the Machine”. Hey, I’d visit the site often to hear that…

I’m skeptical of that statement :rolleyes:

I don’t have a belief system.

What label do you prefer to be listed under?

Anai

Me? I insist on being called an agnostic former-Catholic Kantian/Hobbesist economic Republican social semi-Libertarian Generation Xist with delusions of grandeur.

If you get even one element wrong, I’ll refuse to address you. Saves me time in having to debate, which would cause my poor little closed brain to explode because I had exposed it to “new ideas”.
So. Why not join one of the other threads around here? Say, on religion in schools? Or the correlation of intelligence and religion? Or on the latest PETA advertising campaign?

Or are you just going to sit in this thread and keep throwing insults?

The CLEARANCE SALE or SUBSTANCE HARMFUL TO CHILDREN labels work for me.

MR

You’re free to post your thoughts about the site ON the site. I welcome you to say whatever you’d like there where everyone can read it and comment.

If you make any valid points, you just might change some minds, mine included. I’m not closed to your opinions, just kind of bored by your juvenile attitudes.

The site isn’t FOR new-agers or pagans or Christians or Nazi’s or fundamentalists Islamic revolutionaries. It’s for everyone to speak their mind and put it all out in a forum where other people can examine it and discuss it. For or against. Politely or rudely.

It takes a lot of balls to do that.

So, you can either sit here and laugh at the idea of a free exchange of radical ideas or you can start posting at the board and see what happens.

You sure have had enough to say ABOUT the website - why not go a bit deeper?

Anai

Hmpf. I thought that’s what happened around here. All the time. On a regular basis. Everything under the sun is debated here. Sometimes politely, but, well…

I, for one, am looking forward to this, although I wish to point out that you misspelled interlocutory trucing. To find a group of people who can find the charity to offer such a preemptive stay of hostilities within their own inititial challenge should be considered a veritable windfall to us shallow knowitalls at the SDMB. In fact, I went back to visit the Gathering to verify my initial evaluation and found upon reassessment that it is indeed a very windy place.

On second thought, I’d rather not have you post on the website. You guys would just carry your niggling egos over there with you wouldn’t you?
You’d just fill the garden up with weeds.

Sorry we bothered you,

Thanks again.

Anai

Why? You’ve described this site just fine. I spend enough time here hanging out; why should I double my phone bills to go off to a second site which, assuming it is everything you say it is, will give me nothing more than I already have here?
Sell me, Anai. What’s better about your site than this site? I’m a conservative, after all, and resistant to change.

** you ** came here, remember? which puts the onus on you to put forth ideas and support them.

What do you think the purpose of this site is?

Which is precisely what we do here. But you wouldn’t know that, would you? Your idea of a free exchange of radical ideas is spam and insults.

Then either post something with substance or bugger off. Make a valid point or keep your mouth shut.

No it doesn’t, and don’t delude yourself otherwise. It takes a lot of balls to make real changes in one’s life or in the world around him, not to sit around all day jacking off on internet message boards.

Just as you have enough to say about us. Go a little deeper, or go jump off the deep end. I don’t care. Guess I’m bored.

MR