Oprah crosses the line into seriously creepy (possibly NSFW)

Oprah likes Kate Winslet’s breasts. And felt the need to gush about them in public.

Now, I’m all in favor of natural over artificial in this particular debate but Jeebus, Oprah, you’ve just skidded past “celebration of normal women” and crashed straight into “creepy quasi-lesbian stalkerhood”. Is there something you’re not telling us?

Plus, of course, so much for Kate being able to enjoy her recent acting triumphs. Now every interviewer will either ask her about her boobs or be pointedly NOT asking about her boobs. Which means that she’ll now be objectified where she used to be noted for her acting abilities.

Nice going, Opie.

I think Oprah passed into creepy a while ago. The whole vajayjay thing was pretty awful.

She’s long been noted both for acting ability and willingness to get naked. I don’t think this will change her reputation much.

Also, I second Oprah’s approval of Ms. Winslet’s breasts.

Um, my breasts are real and they don’t separate. They flatten out a little bit, but they they stare at the ceiling pretty much. That’s okay, I don’t mind.

What was the vajayjay thing?

And, yes, Oprah’s creepy.

Then Oprah (aka: Dave) went home, took off his female disguise/fat suit and masturbated vigorously while thinking of Kate Winslet’s breasts.

I love Kate Winslet’s breasts too, and thank Oprah for giving me an opportunity to appreciate them anew.

Didn’t Oprah long ago cross into quasi-lesbianism with the whole speculation about her “friend” Gail/Gayle/whatever?

And what means the “vajayjay thing”?

“Seriously creepy and possible NSFW”? Come on, now. What Oprah did was what Oprah’s always done. What’s made Oprah famous. That is, talking to the women on her show, in the studio audience and at home as if they were girlfriends, just talking. As if there was no camera, no lasting record and no men listening in on the conversation.

In other words, I’ve had exactly the same conversation with my girlfriends, about the same actress and the same assets. You just weren’t there to hear it.

Not all of us, and it sure as hell comes across as creepy to this girl. But then I think it’s creepy when other women do it, too. I don’t talk to my girlfriends about such things.

Then again, I don’t have many girlfriends - probably exactly why.

Did anybody else click this thread to see what creepy and NSFW work thing Obama did?

Or was it just me?

I haven’t had that discussion about Kate Winslet, but I agree that it is not an unusual topic of conversation for women. I remember years ago, a coworker expressing amazement that her son’s girlfriend had boobs that stuck straight up when she was lying on her back sunbathing in a bikini…we all had to explain to her that you need “unnatural enhancement” to make them do that!

So, I personally don’t find her broaching that subject to be at all creepy. And I’m not one to discuss really personal things…I’m typically kind of reserved that way.

Sheesh. It’s supposed to be Oprah’s book club.

If it were Oprah’s Boob club I’d probably join. :wink:

Sarahfeena Actually I think in teen girls it’s more common for them to be perky to the point of being rigid. Not THAT regular, but no out of the realm of possibility. I had a short fling with a girl who was like that.

I can’t really disagree with anything Oprah said.

Then how come I keep getting tits in the mail?

Oh, this girlfriend wasn’t a teen…she was 28 or 30. And she had had a baby. So, I’m thinking they weren’t standing up by themselves! :slight_smile:

The Kate Winslet breast thing wasn’t as creepy as the Dr. Oz chest hair thing. They were demonstrating some kind of massage, for which he removed his shirt. As soon as she saw his chest hair she started teasing him, threatening to braid his chest hair. She was acting like a little kid who hasn’t learned how to monitor what comes out of her mouth.

She only gets this way when she sees people’s secondary sexual characteristics. I think Oprah has issues.

You know, I’m perfectly qualified to sit on a couch and talk about celebrities breasts. I’ll even do it for a quarter of what Oprah makes and have Dr. Phil shot on live television. Give me a damned show already.

Oh well then…that’s different.