Oral Commandos to Baghdad

Lots of places have their own right-wing talk radio hosts. The one that my parents listen to is Todd Friel. He’s worse than most because it’s Christian talk radio, and he’s the type that just loves criticizing the religious views of anyone who’s not a fundamentalist.

My thoughts exactly.

Believe me, I disagree strongly with this war and this administration, but the sins of these talk show hosts are no worse than Michael Moore, whom this board has rallied around to defend saying that, “you can’t have a documentary without a position!”

Agreed, the best way to approach this question would be scientifically. Consider a number of factors for each Iraqi and then use surveys or other observations to track each of these factors. How many Iraqis are employed? What portion have access to utilities and for how long? How likely is an Iraqi to be killed by any given threat? What are public opinions about important issues facing Iraq?

The stories of bombings and violence on the nightly news are only a small piece of all of Iraq, and these people believe they have a point about how life has improved for an ordinary Iraqi. At least listen to them and see what evidence they come up with. Perhaps they’ll only have scattered ancedotes, perhaps they’ll be able to produce convincing evidence that living conditions have improved for typical Iraqis. None of them have tried to claim that the insurgency doesn’t exist or some idiocy along those lines.

Okay, I’ve read the OP and the thread. I still can’t reconcile it with the title. Something about the Crest Kids and Cavity Creeps?

Deves, pervos and Brits, my child. One should be wary of contact with such as these.

Any luck these “Truth Tour” folks will get to visit the flower-throwing flag-waving happy-happy streets of Iraq for themselves? I have a morbid curiosity as to how Ms. Morgan will spin the car bomb that takes out the rest of her vacation group…

I agree the vitriol is high… but anyone naming their journalistic enterprise “Truth Tour” isn’t too interested in looking for facts. Its too much fanfare and too many grandiose words, “pinkos” etc… to be taken seriously.

I bet they will get to travel in the most secure areas in Baghdad too… no point risking soldiers or a hummvee full of dead conservatives. I sure hope a few of them are at all interested in seeing a bit of the “real” situation…

Think more dirty… oral… read some of the posts before yours… :stuck_out_tongue:

Is one commando doing double duty?

All people are intellectually limited, each in one’s own way, and all tend to fall prey to dead certainties.

For example, many posters here are dead certain that Saddam and Osama never shared post-coital cigar, but how many of them were actually in the room when it didn’t happen?

That sound you just heard was meak plea for understanding fallen on deaf ears…

FYI, it’s meek. :wink:

And I’m mighty short on understanding for idiots like this. Opening by essentially accusing the media at large of lying simply sends me. Shit like that only reinforces the political divide in the country and the distrust of the media while doing absolutely nothing to fix it.

If they were going in with the intent of simply showing a side of the Iraq war that hadn’t been reported, I’d be giddy as a schoolmaid. They are going in to expose their particular version of the truth (actual facts need not apply).

Jeez. I openned this thread thinking that Bush had taken some advice from Clinton on how to handle the morale problem in Iraq…

Me too. I thought the new armored hummers the troops were getting were hookers in flak jackets.

Hello, is this Mrs. Mace? Yes, m’am, you don’t know me but its about your son, John? Well, m’am, he’s a deve. Yes’m, thats right, a deviant, a pervo. I’m sure you did, m’am. Yes’m, some of the very best families, I’m sure.

Me? No, m’am, my son is just a useless sack o’ shit slacker punk. Yes’m, lucky, I know that. No, I don’t actually know of any support groups, but I’m calling Harborwolf’s mom next, I’ll pass along your number, maybe you can get something going.

No need to thank me, m’am, spite and malice are my rewards…

We’re pervs, and you live where luci? Don’t make me call yo mama. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooh! You practically said the “V” word.

Imply it not again, lest the howler monkeys be loosed.

-Joe, counting down

This depressing piece today on progress towards the new constitution:
Iraqi Leaders Threaten to Support Boycott

got me wondering about good news from Iraq, and the “Truth Tour.”
Here’s a couple travelogues from participants:
Michael Graham: Handing Over the Mic

Martha Zoller: The Final Chapter of My Trip To Iraq