Order of the Stick book 7 discussion thread

Beat me to the punch. :smiley:

This strip suggests we might see plot progress in the next several strips.

This meeting would be a really good time for V to inform everybody else of the IFCC and the Soul Splice. Which would kill the drama of losing V at a key moment, and so won’t be mentioned at all.

I don’t like the backward step Elan takes here. He’s been acting like a grownup for a long time. His contribution has become more and more valuable. He should be participating in the meeting. Why is he acting like a child?

The forward step is that he checks if it’s OK, first.

Of course not.

I thought everybody, (or at least the Order) already knew about that. I think it came up as part of the contingencies surrounding the attack on the Dwarven council chamber.

"When we woke up this morning on the airship . . . "

This morning? It’s felt like more like two years! :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t imagine that Roy wouldn’t mention it or plan around it in some way even if he doesn’t reveal the entire tale to everyone. Heck, his first reaction to hearing about it was to start working timetables that V might be out of commission.

I had a momentary “ugh” at the idea that Hayley is having a physical relationship with someone who asks to go outside and play but, whatever, webcomic character exaggerations and all. Can’t make a joke out of everyone acting normal, I suppose.

“He makes me laugh.”

And besides, it’s an unstructured alliance-strengthening exercise.

Don’t worry, if there’s a moment when it would be dramatic for Elan to point out some key detail, he’ll pop in long enough for that anyway.

Or he might notice something while playing with Sunny, like one of Sunny’s drawing appears to show the Snarl, with purple in it.

Just a small point that I noticed rereading 1189, Sunny would not call Serini “Boss”

Yes he would. When they are working.

https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1238.html

1260 Stew You - Giant in the Playground Games (giantitp.com)

And we are starting a new tangent. Excellent.

And I’m wondering just what spell he was using for his laser-engraving.

It reminds me of when he cast Ray of Frost on O-Chul, maybe a fire based equivalent?

Right. We don’t want to listen in on what plans the good guys make, because that’s a sure-fired way to make sure they gang agley.

So, is the MitD about to undergo some sort of transformation? Advance to his next stage of existence? Maybe enter a cocoon and emerge as… well, you know.

Yes, i think we are seeing the growth of MitD. Also, it’s coming to grips with it’s many disagreements with Xykon.

Do we have any guesses as to what kind of monsters consider dwarves a delicacy?

Also, Xykon shows remarkable self-awareness with his whole “Wasn’t going to remember” bit.