Origins Gaming Convention 2005

It’s that time of year again. on Thursday, June 30th, I will make my way to glorious Columbus, Ohio, for the 31st Annual Origins Gaming Convention. It’s my one real vacation of the year, and something I try not to miss. I’ve missed exactly one since 1998.

So who else will be there, hm?

I’ll also take any questions you might have about gaming conventions, roleplaying, or the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act.

Bueller?

Statesman likes Godzilla. Bring him tribute. Maybe a gashopon or a bottlecap thingy.

I’m missing it this year, because of budgetary constraints and thesis-writing, which sucks, since everybody else I know is going (okay, not literally, but everyone who matters, anyway) including a friend of mine who is going for the first time.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now you all feel sorry for me, right?

Anyway, I am with you in spirit! salutes

According to Wikipedia, there is a disagreement whither the act started the depression, or simply elongated it. What is your opion on the matter? :slight_smile:

P.S. Bottlecap thingie? I read about those in Tips&Tricks magazine. They look so cool. Perhaps a bunch of photographs would be nice.

I get depressed just thinking about the Hawley-Smoot Act.

Hopefully, I’ll have the chance to meet Statesman while I’m up there…

My CoH buddies are nudging me -every day- to come up, and one has even offered crash space… Long drive but… Dangit… I may -have- to show up.

I’m gonna be there–mostly I’ll be hanging out around the FanPro (Shadowrun) booth helping to pimp Shadowrun 4 (which doesn’t actually come out until Gen Con but I believe there will be demos), or else blowing money on things I don’t need and don’t have the suitcase space to schlep home. :slight_smile:

So, I’ll be up there starting at Thursday Noon, and staying till the morning of Sunday. Who should I look for?

I’m back. It was lovely, more or less. Must remember to schedule fewer events next year - I always end up fatigued by Saturday.

If any of you were in the NSDM games, you met my roomie and friends.