Pack your bags- Something wicked this way comes!

Shoot! Just when I get to the point where I’ve got a sweet job, and a great woman, I find out that life as we know it is gonna go away.

Dang it! :rolleyes:

Crap! I’ve always had this big fear of dying on my birthday…

is it planet Blistonia?

You will pardon me if I don’t immediatly start cashing in my IRA

Hey!!! The Z-fighters stopped the evil planet from destroying the Namek homeworld, they’ll stop this one too.

If they’re related to Catherine Zeta-Jones, then that explains everything.

:::shudder:::

I just got an email from a teacher who said she had dowloaded lots of pictures of Planet X and showed them to her class, and told them how it was surrounded by a swarm of moons. Although she found lots of NASA websites talking about the moons of the other planets, she couldn’t find one that told exactly how many moons Planet X had.

She figured that NASA didn’t have any information because the discovery of Planet X was too new.

Weep for the future, brothers and sisters.

Actually, her name is McGill. And she calls herself “Lil”. It’s just that everyone knows her as “Nancy”.

:wink:

Well, there’s going to be some very red faces on this board when the world does end in a few weeks time.

Ah - wait - maybe…

I swear, if I had a kid and he/she came home from school one day with info like that from a teacher, I’d do everything in my power to have that person fired.

Well, I set her straight, using small words and lots of capitals, as in:

As far as astronomers can tell, PLANET X DOES NOT EXIST.

NASA doesn’t have a webpage about how many moons it has because PLANET X DOES NOT EXIST.

Ever wonder why you haven’t heard about it in the newspaper or on the evening news? Because PLANET X DOES NOT EXIST!

I also gave her a little lectu–, er, I mean, advice on evaluating the reliability of information on the internet. For example, if elsewhere on their website, people tell you how they are in TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION WITH ALIENS, perhaps they are not the best source of scientific information.

Unless, uh, I guess, the aliens are really smart or something. But, then, you never know if the aliens are just yanking our chains. “Tell 'em that a giant planet is about to woosh past their pitiful little Earth and cause earthquakes and reverse the magnetic field, Zardoz! That oughta get 'em good and riled up!”

On the happy side, while surfing Planet X sites once, I stumbled across this very amusing (albeit sometimes ungrammatical) website on apocalyptic scenarios: http://www.xs4all.nl/~mke/exitmundi.htm