Palestinian Children Tortured, Used As Shields By Israel, UN Says

And why does Israel and the USA care enough about this distinction to try and prevent recognition as a state when almost the entire rest of the world wants to recognize them at the UN?

I condemn Hamas for targetting civilians, we should put them all in guantanamo. Same for Israel… Hey I’ve got an Idea, lets move Israel to Cuba, that way they don’t have to go to far when they retire to Florida.

Yes, we should wait until they get their hands on a nuke before we negotiate with them on fair terms. Of course we don’t know what wild bug will crawl up their ass at that point.

So now that he has shown up to accuse the critics of israel of anti-semitism, I don’t see a lot of people on the zionist side denounce him. So where’s all the slamming you’re talking about?

And that makes it OK? Who are you Paula Dean?

And what percentage of modern day Israel does that purchased land constitute?

What does the partition plan and Texas have in common? They both look like gerrymandering. The partition plan seems to have been gerrymandered to concentrate all the Palestinians (most places that ended up on the arab side was 90%+ Arab) in as little useful land as possible while giving Israel land where they held little more than simple majorities. Jews were something like 1/3 of the population and they ended up with about half the land. You would think that given the circumstances, the zionists wouldn’t get much more than their pro rata share. Perhaps this wasn’t deliberate and it just worked out that way but it certainly looks like a gerrymander.

Did they ever do anything else that might be construed as mean and not nice?

Noone is proposing to glass over Saudi Arabia. Just Israel and Palestine in a “pox on both your houses sort of way” only not as nice.

Which is funnny because they accounted for a much larger percentage of the population of Israel when it was first formed and we heard about the huge demographic/breeding advantage of the arabs over the Jews for decades (at least until the Orthodox Jews showed up). I wonder how that happened?

Serious question. Why does the nuclear non-proliferation traety matter? Why does anyone bother signing it. I don’t see any huge disadvantage for those countries that don’t sign it. Do the nuclear powers promise to avenge you if someone else nukes you and you signed the treaty?

So what [penalty does the treaty impose for breaking the treaty? Can we nuke them? Or can we basically just shake our head and wag our finger?

I stopped getting too engaged when I realized that warnings were issued somewhat unevenly. This subject is one of the blind spots on the dope.

I think this iws what he means:"It’s OK for Americans to build bases in other people’s countries, sail the Navy into intimidating positions close to other countries, and engage in all other kinds of interference, but it would be treated as an outrage here if China or Russia or Iran or anybody did something like that in this hemisphere. It’s OK for Israel to clandestinely build nuclear weapons (aided by espionage) and never disclose their existence, but it’s a scandal for anyone else. Do we all know how it looks for the only country in the world to use nuclear weapons to try and control who else can construct them? Imagine if anybody else but the Israelis had attacked ships full of supplies for people caught in a place like Gaza. "

He even quotes it in his post. Here it is in case you haev trouble finding it:http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=16451389&postcount=251

Yeah because civilization could only have occured there. :rolleyes:

And What part of Israel is Iraq in?

Is that just American or all allies including the Russians and the folks slaughtered in death camps?

Well there are at least two of them. When are you going to learn the lesson that you try to teach the newbies? Physician, heal thyself and stay away from these threads. You will get into a shouting match and the refs will only give you a yellow card.

So multiple warnings for newcomer and an admonition to “cool it” for FinnAgain? Yeah that sounds about par for the course.

Quote:
Judging by the sheer amount of ignorance you display, I do not believe this.
…Judging by the sheer amount of ignorance you display, I do not believe this.
… Your comment is guano non-sane.
…Fiction, fiction, and then a distortion.
…Yet more fiction
…Not, you know, the one you’ve imagined.
…Of course, after Balfour there were the Arab Riots. You seem to have conveniently forgotten about 'em.
…Yet another fiction.
…your odd, but ever so clever verbiage, should probably be updated to this millennium {post 71}
…Brilliant factual rebuttal.
But what do I know, I don’t have a prestigious degree in International Affair. {post 75}
…Of course, on the subject of the British, we can also put paid to another one of your absurd fantasies. {post 80}
…Also, we’ve got snark down to a science. (I have an M.S. in Snark Studies){post 86}
[/quote]

Then Tomndebb tells everyone to knock it off

…As shown, your bullshit about “their agenda” is rancid, even for fecal matter. Yet again, provide a single cite for this bit of fiction.{post 161}
…Really? This sort of shit flies in grad school?
“Gentlemen, I am ready to defend my thesis now. It’s: ‘Nuhn uhhhnh!!’ Much research has gone into this.” {post 165}

Then Tomndebb steps in again to tell Finn to stop implying others are lying, again no warning.

This goes on for another few pages until marley finally steps in to restore order and rescue the beleaguered FinnAgain from newcomer’s vicoous unprovoked personal attacks and issues a warning fo newcomer for calling one of FinnAgains analogies stupid. And then ANOTHER warning to newcomer for calling FinnAgain’s argument style.

Then Finn confuses the lack of warnings coming his way as some sort of vindication of his behaviour

“Well, only one of us has been Warned about ad homs/flaming in this thread.
Hint: it wasn’t me.”

@newcomer, do yourself a favor, it took me almost half a dozen warnings to realize that this particular topic isn’t moderated fairly, which is a shame because this board is otherwise very well moderated. Count yourself lucky if it only costs you two warnings to learn this lesson.