Parts for the Fridge

Is there going to be any easy way to do this?

My mother has a fairly new Fridgedaire fridge. It works fine, but somehow the lowermost plastic drawer has been broken. It will not seat properly and so is almost useless. How can I get a replacement?

Perhaps I am over-anticipating problems, but I bet the dealer is going to charge me an arm and a leg for an official part for a model ABC-123 fridge. Further one thing connects to the other in there. I might need a whole new shelving system.

Is there any sort of generic fix for this common problem?

My experience says, try Sears first. They carry parts for almost everything.

Then price-check with places you can find by Googling “Frigidaire refrigerator parts”

I recently purchased a replacement seal for my refrigerator off eBay. It was a factory replacement and cost about 1/3 the price quoted by a local appliance repair shop.

I’ve been surprised at parts I’ve gotten for some appliances. They didn’t ream me like I thought they would.

You can go to Frigidaire’s web site and click on customer support. That will get you to some place local where you can buy parts. It doesn’t hurt to ask. You might be surprised at the cost.

If they aren’t quite so reasonably priced, googling “refrigerator drawer replacement” finds a lot of hits for folks that sell replacement parts. I don’t have experience with any of them and can’t vouch for any specific vendor.

Grumble. First step pull the darn thing out and check the model number. Thanks.

Have you considered trying to fix it with model glue?

I go to Repairclinic.comfor parts. They carry most brands and have pictures of parts on a grid for confirmation.