Parts in movies that make you cringe

That’s timely, I just watched Day of the Locust last night. I was actually okay with the cockfight but then the climactic scene

Homer Simpsom jumps up and down on a little kid until the little kid is pulp.

made me feel little :eek: :frowning:

What, I bare my soul and get no response? Another crushing rejection! :eek:

I thought the mother walking to the mailbox with her baby in her arms was a much worse scene in The Butterfly Effect.

And I didn’t mind the curb check scene in AHX too much, either.

I’ll add the rape scene and the ending of Boys Don’t Cry. Actually, a lot of that movie is pretty cringe worthy. :frowning:

When Mulan hugs the emperor. :eek:

Dredging this up twice in a week…

The scene in Being There with Shirley McLaine writhing around on the floor touching herself inappropriately.

The scene in Moulin Rouge! with Nicole Kidman writhing around on the floor touching herself inappropriately.

I cringe during that commercial where the little germ lifts up the toenail and climbs underneath it.

I don’t want that.

I have to agree with many of the posts, but for my money the two “sex” scenes in “KIDS” was more than enough to keep me from ever even looking at that movie again. I can’t even look at it on the shelf at my local video store.

Also, the part in “A Clockwork Orange” when they have the protagonist in that chair and are forcing him to watch that crazy film by peeling his eyes open. Eeeeewwwwww.

Not to mention…the rape scene in “Monster” with Charlize Theron. I jumped up and cheered when she killed that dirtbag!

I’ve seen the movie, but I don’t remember that scene. Maybe I blocked it out of my mind. Actually the only thing I really remember about Tank Girl is Ice T is actually playing a friggin’ talking kangaroo.

The anime scene in Kill Bill, Vol 1 where O’Ren Ishii stabs Boss Mastsomoto and he grits his teeth so hard they all crack and fly out of his mouth…ewwwwww

I can’t stand that Crrrrruuuunnnnnccccchhhhhh sound.

For me it was The Serpent and The Rainbow when Bill Pullman gets his scrotum pierced with a large metal spike by the leader of the Haitian secret police.

I’ve seen the movie twice, and never noticed the teeth or the sound. I’ll have to look again.

Just1Lurk…awwww, man. I feel for ya.

The remake of Cape Fear, when De Niro is raping and beating the shit out of a woman (and taking bites out of her, IIRC). I turned it off, nauseated, and have never watched it again.

This Boys Life, with it’s contstant abuse of Leo DiCaprio and Ellen Barkin.

Oh, and the hideous scene in Natural Born Killers where you find out just how much affection Rodney Dangerfield’s character has for his daughter, played by Juliette Lewis.

I’ll see your dental tools and raise you:

“Squeal like a pig!”

I still can’t watch that movie…

Out of all the creepy and disturbing scenes in Jacob’s Ladder, there’s just one split-second that puts it over the edge for me–the ending of the dance party scene with Tim Robbins’ girlfriend and the demon-apparition thingie. Ack. Did not want to see that.

We Were Soldiers
When that napalm-burned legs slide as the guy’s carrying him.

Also in Braveheart when Mel Gibson takes a flail to the Scottish noble’s head

Thanks, jsc1953. Wow, first **Pod People ** in the other thread and now this. You don’t wear a big “S” on your chest and fly by any chance, do you? If you’re ever down my way, the first round’s on me.

In the Abyss where they had to learn to drink the liquid oxygen. Oh. My. God.

And Harvey Keitel masturbating to those two teenage girls he pulled over. The sight of one having to show him her ass while the other simulates fellatio will never be scrubbed from my brain. I’ve heard that **The Bad Lieutenant
** finally had some redeeming qualities in it, but I’ll be damned if I ever got through it far enough to see any. Nor, although he seems to do it with great abandon, do I ever have any desire to continue seeing him naked.

Won’t someone please think of the squeamish?

The torture sequence at the beginning of Die Another Day. Still gives me the willies when I think about it, and I think it’s the first time I’ve ever felt sorry for James Bond (but then again, I think it’s the first time he’s ever gotten into something over his head).

Seeing how Lucy Liu handled an insult on the conference table in Kill Bill 1, I resolve to watch what I say around her.

I’ve seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest many times, but I fast forward the electroshock treatment scene.

C. Thomas Howell’s performance in The Outsiders left me cringing. How does that guy get work?

I also fast forwarded an awful lot of The Passion of the Christ because I didn’t want to see all the blood and brutality. Good thing it was a free rental, because it sure was over quickly after all that fast forwarding.