a
g
o
y
a
n
a
magome nama tamago
Anyway, I’m a little worried about how long I’ll be able to keep mine entirely secret: twickster came up with a great one for me, and it’s easy to hide, but once you notice it it’s extremely obvious.

Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space
Filler space

Yes, I do, but that’s not my quirk, though. :smiley:

Wargamer’s quirk, appropriately, seems to be game-related.

Game Room-related, more like.

Santos in on the right track about RT, but he’s not specific enough.

do
ray
me
fa
so
la
ti
do
can’t think of anything else
to put here

I think LHoD might be fulfilling SDMB common phrases, but i’m terrible at the guessing side of these games.

lkkllklklklklklkkkkkkkklklklklklklklkklklklkllkkllkllkklkl

What does “magome nama tamago” mean?

Well, mine is pretty easy to spot if you hang out in the Game Room section. And gee, since it’s a game, guess where it is?

Anyway, I think I’ve hit the high points of the types of threads in the GR. I’ll start talking baseball soon, if I’m not guessed.

If you really want to give it away, FOS someone. Or vote somebody. Rugger will catch that right away.

Got it in one! I’m wondering whether they’re all obvious; I’m trying to hide some of them better than others.

Daniel

a
s
d
f
g
j
k
l
;

Well “namatamago” is Japanese for “raw egg”, and “namagome” means “raw rice”. I used to think that a common Japanese tongue twister was “namagoya namagome namatamago”, but it turns out that I’ve been using a local variation all these years. The more common version is apparently “namamugi namagome namatamago” (“raw wheat, raw rice, raw egg”).

In any event, I didn’t need the entire tongue twister to build my buffer space, so after ten characters I just added the last all on a single line.

(Incidentally, Omi, I wish I’d thought of bringing this back to the party).

Another guess: Autolycus is a hypochondriac. Although I can’t figure out how his answer to the “what good is a blender” game fits in (“vibrator replacement”); maybe he was just being hilarious.

Daniel

x
x
x
x
x

x
x
x
x
x
Yeah, put your vote for the pies in that format, maybe?

x
x
x
x
x

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Justin Credible: fanboy!
Drain Bead: I have no idea. The only guess i have is something about words with “ea” in them (you only like peach, it’s “great” to be here.) but I don’t think that’s right, since you like hot dogs and beer.

I’m having almost as much fun guessing as I am guesting!

Daniel

Nope! I’ve been trying not to be too obvious about mine yet, because I don’t want to be guessed early. As the game goes on, though, I may start to be more blantant about my quirk.

People, people, people – you win if you don’t get guessed! Keep it subtle! Don’t out each other!

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
We can guess in this thread, though, right?

Daniel

Oh yeah, absolutely, that’s what this thread is for – and I’m leaving it to individuals to confirm or deny guesses made it against them. I’m just worried that people are thinking “I’m doing the subtle version of this, maybe I should make it more obvious.” No! Don’t! Make the hosts work for it!

Q
W
E
R
T
Y
U
I
O
P

Oog. You certainly don’t go easy on noobs, twicks. Thank god for thesauruses and punctuation. If you think I’m being too obvious, let me know. I may need some of the help you offered earlier.

!
@

$
%
^
&
(
)
_
+
Yeah, yours is definitely the hardest, IS – but you are doing a great freaking job with it! let me come up with some conversational gambits for you. I’ll PM you later.

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
xx
x
x
x
x
x

I am selecting my words very carefully, but that’s not the reason why. Mine might be tough unless you read all my posts at once.

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Does brujaja have to use anagrams in her posts?
Edit: Is Dolores being Liberal?