Party Quirks II -- discussion thread

This thread is for discussion of the active game Party Quirks II: Electric Boogaloo. The three hosts in that game – DaphneBlack, Oredigger77, and Santo Rugger are forbidden from reading this thread. Guests may post as much as they like, either to guess each other’s quirks or for any other game chatter, but remember to start every post with ten lines of bullshit so hosts don’t see any actual content when they do searches of your posts, which they will. Observers are welcome to post here as well.

q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
qq
q
even though no one should be searching for me …

Guests – don’t comment on other guests’ shtick in ways that might help the hosts, as here. Work together to stump the hosts!

So you don’t want me to respond to the guy with the camera by smiling at him?

Eureka, honey, let your conscience be your guide. :wink: .

p
ppp

p
p
p
p
p
pp

p
p
p
p
p
p
p
p

Eureka, this is an aside, but stuffed snow peas – what a great idea!!! Do you really make these?

Yes, I really have made stuffed snow peas and taken them to parties–in three flavors just like described in the main Party thread.

I got the idea from Taste of Home a few months ago. You steam the snow peas until they are soft and really bright green, then quench them in ice water, dry them carefully, slit them open along the curved edge with a knife, and then stuff them. I’ve used ziploc bags filled with fillings, and just kind of squirted it in there. Party food and conversation starter all in one.

The crabmeat ones have fake crab* in them, chopped finely and mixed with a little cocktail sauce and mayo (or Miracle Whip). That was the recipe I saw in Taste of Home. They aren’t hard to make, but it is moderately time consuming if you buy a package with as many snow peas in them as I have when I’ve made these to take places. And unfortunately, every time I’ve taken them places I’ve ended up with a whole bunch leftover-- so next time I’ll just take a couple dozen–not close to a hundred. In fairness, one time I was late and many more people might have eaten them had the snow peas turned up earlier. In the other case, I just kept looking at the plates and feeling like the plates didn’t look very full, so I kept stuffing more snow peas, but there only turned out to be a dozen or so people at the party, and most folk only ate a couple of stuffed snow peas.

*Ok, technically, the recipe calls for canned crabmeat. I buy fake crab legs instead because I’m more comfortable cooking with them.

gh
h
h
hh
h
hh
h
h
hh
h
h
h
h
hh
I’ll bet it would work with fresh raw ones too – they’re easy to grow. And we were thinking of mixing the crab & cream cheese. mmmmmm… decadent.
I don’t know what’s up with the blender thing; I suspect it’s a red herring. But it’s pretty weird. A little too much like parties I have actually been to. :eek:

Yes, I started with raw snow peas acquired at the supermarket, and steamed them. If you have fresh home grown snow peas, so much the better.

It’s definitely a red herring, but it’s extremely fun to act out. :smiley:

t
t
t
tt
t
t
t
t
t
ttttttttt
tt
t
tt
tt
t
tt
t

twicks: am I making it too hard? I wanted to avoid the ones people usually think of, so as not to be too obvious.

Nope, you’re doing fine. Make 'em work for it!

h
hh
hhhhhhhh
h
hh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

h
hh
h
hh
h
h
hh
h
h
hh
h

Ooh, I hope that pun didn’t transgress at all – I just could NOT resist!!!

r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
r
I have no idea what I’m doing. But the party is a blast! :smiley: (This is my first one of these.)

n
o
n
s
e
n
s
e
x

My guesses so far:
Dolores, you’re a liberal groupie (or Obama groupie, or something)–I love the shaking of the left hand!
Kat, you think you’re better than everyone else.
Revenant, you’re a nitpicker par excellence (or par horror, depending).

I’m not sure how subtle I’m being so far, but I’ve got a couple of groaners to insert at some point.

Daniel

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
I can’t tell if mine is going to be incredibly difficult to get or if I’ll be one of the first guessed. It’s pretty tough to DO, though. I’m reminded of the gastard Gatman mafia game.

g
g
gg
g
g
gggggggggggggggggg

gggggggg
ggg
g
g
g
gg
g
ggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
g
g
g
gg
g
g
g
g

Justin Credible is Harry Potter?

g
g
gg
g
g
gggggggggggggggggg

gggggggg
ggg
g
g
g
gg
g
ggggggg
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
g
g
g
gg
g
g
g
g

No – but that would make a great quirk for a future game!

I think that Ron Weasley would work better, because pureblooded wizards are so out of their depth in the Muggle world. Scratch that, make it Arthur Weasley.

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

Mine could be easy…if I chose to make it so. :slight_smile: I’m starting off with the less obvious choices though.

meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow
meow

I am, yes, but that’s not my party quirk.