Pass the line, or the actor

If this has already been done before, I apologize. I haven’t gone looking for another version, and it just came to mind as something that might be fun to kill some time with, if that appeals to you.

Simple rules:

Respond to an earlier post by quoting it, and either

1. provide another line from the same movie (which you must identify) or
  2. provide another line by the same actor (whom you must identify) in a different movie.

No limit to how many passes of the same movie or actor as long as the pass fits either of the rules.

Always identify the post you’re working from.

========================================

First Line: "Dying ain’t much of a living, boy."

========================================

“Dying ain’t much of a living, boy.”
Movie: Outlaw Josey Wales
Another Quote from the movie: “I used to have power. Now old age is creeping up on me.”

Next: We are the children of children and we live as we are shown.

Just fo be clear on the rules, your pass should have been the one on power.

You were right to identify Josey Wales, but the pass should either have been another Eastwood quote (either in Josey Wales or another of Clint’s movies) or another actor’s line in Josey Wales.

Sorry if that wasn’t clear, and I don’t mean to pick on you, The Great Sun Jester :slight_smile:

Yeah with all those other responses…:wink: So My pass would be to solicit another line from whomever delivered “I used to have power. Now old age is creeping up on me.” --same movie; or different movie, same actor?

That’s it. Your “children” line may come in handy once somebody comes in with either the same actor or the same movie where it fits.

(If it just so happens to be Chief Dan George’s line in Josey Wales (was it?) you could have passed it on instead.)

Having multiple chains from multiple starter lines was what I was hoping to avoid.

“Children” was someone else.

Rerail your thread if you please from Chief’s line.

Okay. I’ll try:

================================================
Next: “I used to have power. Now old age is creeping up on me.”

Chief Dan George

Same movie (Josey Wales), different actor:

“You know, we’re sure gonna show them redskins somethin’ tomorrow. No offense meant.”

Paula Truman (Grandma Sarah). Same movie, different actor (trying to set up a jump to a new film):

"Look at those boys over there: tied-down guns. Bounty hunters. Come out of a war, got no other way to make a livin’. Every last mother’s son of them wants that money you got on Wales’ head. Now, you and me didn’t ride all that way for that. I don’t want to hear Wales dead… I want to SEE Wales dead. "

Line delivered by John Vernon (Fletcher) who had this line in another movie:

====================================================
I never thought I’d be willing to change places with a cow.

Since I will admit that this movie is pretty obscure (although it’s one of the best of that period and still holds up) I’ll leave this line up for others to fret over.

But to move the game along, go with this Vernon line from yet another movie:

====================================================
The time has come for someone to put his foot down. And that foot is me.

Maybe if we restart this, or even go to another thread, this idea might work. But since this seems to be gaining liittle interest, I’ll go ahead and say that the Vernon quotes are from Charley Varrick and Animal House. But I have yet to locate The Great Sun Jester’s “We are the children of children and we live as we are shown.”

Somebody else, if interest still exists, start a new chain.