Pee-Wee's Big Holiday - anyone seen it?

So Pee-Wee has another movie after 28 years. Big Top Pee Wee sucked, but I have always thought Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure was a pretty fun movie. I know Paul Reubens wanted to make another for a long time.

Anyway, it streams exclusively on Netflix. It may have some theatrical screenings, but the main way to see it is on TV.

Wow…it’s kind of dull. Very episodic like Big Adventure, but not very interesting or funny. Joe Manganiello has been the best thing in it so far. Reubens still looks like Pee-Wee. I still have 30 minutes left in the movie, but it is not impressing me much at all.

Anyway, the movie is quite dull and has very few funny bits. It’s mainly Pee-Wee reacting to some wild stuff around him, but the stuff is not wild enough to be interesting.

Has anyone else watched it?

I watched it the other day and liked it. The Joe Manganiello parts were the best part of it, but I also liked the girl gang, and Pee Wee’s reaction to the hunter in the woods, and his time with the Amish. That’s too bad that you didn’t enjoy it more, but I’d recommend it to most people who enjoyed Big Adventure and the TV show.

I think I gave it 3 stars. It was OK, but, runs counter to the Pee Wee of the past who was always up for Big Adventures and Big Top fun. A Pee Wee Herman that never leaves his home town? That’s not a Pee Wee I know!

Still, it was cute and enjoyable.

Haven’t seen it yet, but it was just a few months ago that we introduced our kids (9 and 11) to Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, which they loved, and they have been clamoring to watch this with us. So I’m sure we’ll get to it soon now that the business around Easter has passed.

It was okayish.

Suffers too much in comparison to Big Adventure. Road trip theme, etc. Most of the encounters were kind of blah. (It also contradicted the earlier film in saying he had never left town before.)

Nice to see some of the old regulars.

One nice bit: The name of the woman pilot was “Penny King”. Get it? Okaaaay. I guess I’m really old.

If you weren’t a Pee-Wee Herman fan before, this isn’t going to do anything for you.

I liked it. -shrug- It was a little slow to start but there was enough weirdness and over-the-top goofery that I ended up thinking it was pretty darn entertaining overall.

It’s one of Burton’s best, up there with Beetlejuice and Batman. Elfman too.

Finished it and I did really like his entrance to NYC.

It was a solid C or C- for me, and that is grading it simply as a Pee-Wee movie.