People wh couldn't count their balls and get the same number twice

The Ravens? Ewwwww

Jags fan checking in

Falcon notes:

Yep, football season should be REAL fun around here!

What the heck, everyone else is hijacking this thread

iampunha -
You didn’t have to go there about the Browns. They were an expansion team without enough time to even higher a full coaching staff. How good did you expect them to be. They will be ALOT better this year.

Back on topic.

Don’t be too hard on the WoF contestants, they were rejected from daytime talkshows for having the proper number of chromosomes

Wait a minute . . . you are a Ravens fan and you are dissing the Broncos ?

OK, let me make sure I have this right - you are a Ravens fan - as in the team formally known as the Browns, as in the team Denver walked all over in several AFC Championship games - that team . . . and you are insulting the Broncos ???

Do I really need to give the obligatory “you need to at least make it there before you can win or lose” comment ? Or instead would you rather have the “Broncos have won two Super Bowls how many did your Ravens/Browns win” comment ?

I mean, I must be confused right ? I am trying to get my brain around this - you are a Ravens fan and . . .

I have new respect for you Pepper :wink:

• NM

World Champions eh? Tell me, what other countries were participating in this so-called “World Championship”?

Perhaps you meant National Champions?

See, the current World Champions of Football are the French National Team.

(Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah, I know, that’s what you guys call it. World Champions of football, baseball, basketball, whatever. It’s just one of these things that the outside world utterly dislikes: allowing only American teams [and sometimes the odd Canucks] to compete, and then declaring the winner World Champion.)

Well Coldy, we do it because we can ! Ha !

Vanna White.
Squicking.
Red wings.
Felching.
The crapfest known as the AFL.
Sexual innuendo.
Ayesha, Falcon and pepperlandgirl shootin’ the shit with the boys.
And the deflowering of innocents tiggeril and Persephone.

Just another Monday morning thread on the SDMB.

Damn Coldy, you don’t even have an American foorball team in the Netherlands . . . so what do you care ? Sheesh, we let you have soccer, isn’t that enough ??

:smiley:

I thought the English were the soccer champs. Didn’t the Hooligans beat the German Xenophobes 12 deaths to 8 in the final riot?

With sadness, I introduce you to the Amsterdam Admirals. I’m afraid there’s an entire European League of overweight Yankees looking for an easy retirement buck :rolleyes:

(To each his own, of course. But a European American Football League? What WERE they thinking?)
And lurkernomore, please don’t pull a Krispy here. Really.

What’s a Krispy?

OK, fair is fair. Krispy is a poster, notorious for disliking “soccer”, as you people tend to call real football :wink:

Here’s a mild example of pulling a Krispy. And for a more hardcore approach, try this fine example that demonstrates how to piss people off as fast as possible.

AAAAAGH!

My eyes! My eyes!

I think the entire left hemisphere of my brain just melted.

Yep, just another Monday, Chief.

Nothingman, you rock!
Yes, football season is going to be very interesting.
(BTW, look for the Broncos to come back this year. Last season was a rebuilding season)

Hmm, boy seems obscessed with it…

In view of the frequent riots at soccer games, one just this week, I think comments can be made. You, of course, are free to make remarks about American football players (Especially Dallas Cowboys) getting arrested for drugs, planning their wife’s murder, leaving bar fights where their “friends” kill people, etc. Also, things like the LA LAker celebration/looting are fair game too. Things like the riots and “Thanks for the own goal” shootings reflect on the fans, not the games.