People who make Jack Chick look sane

In case my last post was too brief, here are some quotes from that page (the point being that, historically, society did consider children as either born evil or highly susceptible to evil):

Well, there’s that old Original Sin.

“I have not watched one episode of Survivor. If it is true that the winner was a sodomite, then I can offhandedly say the whole episode was set up by wealthy sodomites to manipulate the minds of the people into accepting and tolerating sodomites.” (from the Isle of Man letter)

There ya go. Richard Hatch, Poster Child of the gay community.

I simply must file away this type of logic for use elsewhere.

Would that be in the History? I haven’t found that reference yet, but I see you still need a license to deposit in the sea: that could get sticky.

Damn those sodomites - they’re ruining it for everyone. :rolleyes: Last time I checked The Gay Agenda™, overthrowing the government and replacing it with a system based on, say, “Mommie Dearest” (some would argue the Bible of gay men everywhere). However, the thought of having our own island is rather appealing - after all, the wimmin-types have Lesbos… :wink:

Esprix

Hmmm. I’m not entirely surprised that the official website for the IoM draws a discreet veil over its laws on homosexuality…

I haven’t found, yet, when this law was repealed on the IoM, but I’d hazard a guess at 1998, when a lot of Europe-wide human rights legislation got harmonized. (The UK finally got rid of the last, lingering remnants of the death penalty - you can no longer be hanged for treason, piracy, or arson in Her Majesty’s dockyards).

I found the two-part follow up to Bob Enyart’s Day One; Day Two (part 1) and Day Two (part 2). In response to Connor’s comments above, here’s the New Order’s second proclamation:

I have to say, that Enyart story scares the shit out of me. I’ll probably have nightmares now. Of course, it’s impossible - who holds elections at 3:47 in the morning, and why doesn’t he talk about who the new government is? - but it’s still scary shit. I think I’m going to curl up with “Mother Jones” or the January, 1970 issue of “The Humanist” my mom dug up for comfort.

In that case, visit crank.net . (Or did I get that link from the SDMB anyway?)

http://www.yourgoingtohell.com

What I find most amusing about this site is that, as usual, we have PFC Fundie in the army of General Jesus, fighting the Greatest War of All, and he can’t be bothered to read Strunk & Sata^H^H^H^HWhite before plunking down his money for a domain name.

Then, when someone points out that it should be http://www.youregoingtohell.com, he comes up with some weaselly excuse about how he couldn’t do that, because you can’t use apostrophes in a URL.

At least he’s slowly but surely writing the little essays for “Goth freaks” and “whoremongers” telling them why they’re going to hell. A year ago maybe two of those links worked, and now what- a full five of them work?

And let’s not forget the “Black Ribbon Campaign” (with a little bit of token white ribbon to symbolize forgiveness and all that boring crap that Jesus died for or something.) Unfortunately it seems to be down, but it had a list of all the people who the webmaster didn’t like- uh, koff koff I mean all the people who Jesus doesn’t like, like Goth freaks and whoremongers and feminists (aka lesbians.) The page was festooned with “family friendly seals,” despite the section which asks “How does the Bible tell us to deal with New Agers and Wiccans? Leviticus 32:2-6 ‘Suffer not a witch to live.’” I complained to the agencies which granted the seals, and the non-Christian one sent him a stern letter telling him that he couldn’t display their seal on a hate site. The Christian ones just squirmed (like a certain mammal of the order Mustelidae) and talked about how technically, he was just quoting the Bible. Oh well…
-Ben

Is this guy related to Dr. Bronner?

Isle of Man, baby!

-Ben

Yeah, I got the link to crank from here awhile ago, and I love it! I submitted two sites: the House of AG and David Ick’s site!