Pet pictures!

His tail is going to be fabulous when he’s all grown up. Right now I’m constantly picking stuff out of it. He especially likes to go into the catio and shred the cardboard scratcher then come back in wearing little pieces of cardboard.

George has learned that if I carelessly leave a piece of needlework out with him in the same room, he’s not supposed to mess with it. He resists as long as he can, but he’s a kitten and self-control isn’t their strong point. He’s very vocal though, and usually tells on himself when he’s getting into my thread.

George has more tail than some cats have entire cat.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And that’s with baby fur. If he was red, I’d wonder if we had bought a fox.

I’m still not sure you don’t have a disguised lion. :wink:

I found a picture of Poe at five months and one day old to test out the instructions in About This Messageboard for Amazon photo hosting.

OK, very cute fuzzy kittens, but it’s about time the noble Dog got equal time. We are waiting for @wguy123 to see if he can take and post pics of his apparently super-rapid-moving pointer puppy:

Meanwhile, out of curiosity to see what a pointer puppy looks like, I found this: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Not mine, but I’ll take him in a puppy’s heartbeat!

Are pointers a breed that has blue eyes? Because that seems like an awfully big puppy to not have its permanent eye color yet.

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Poe’s fuzzy kitty belly!!! His pantaloons are fabulous!!!

Nah, we have a Golden Retriever. George was just chasing VBC through the kitchen, got distracted by the kibble bowl and skidded out while trying to turn a 360 on laminate floors, bounced off the cabinets and somehow ended up with his face in the bowl of food.

I am the one who kindly reminded @wguy123 that sleeping critters are cute too. I used to work with someone who had a pointer and a setter. Both of them hated it when she vacuumed and would alert on the vacuum every day when she used it.

I’m not an authority on English pointers (or any other pointers), but if you Google “english pointer with blue eyes” you’ll find quite a few. Most typically have dark (brown or hazel) eyes.

Here is Benny. We got him at 10 months old, so these are from before we got him and he is obviously a lot larger (I think he’s around 65 lbs now). We’ve had a few pointers including one wire haired. They can be a handful and require a lot of exercise.

Awww – Benny is such a sweetie!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Thanks for posting.

From what I’ve read, yes, they can be a handful, but are also very affectionate and need lots of love! :slight_smile:

Yep, they are those things too. They can be smart (Benny is) but also stubborn and have trouble with focus if you aren’t a bird or squirrel. They are also hard to train to walk on a leash without pulling you out of your shoes. Every day training is required for quite awhile.

SQUEEEEE!

Oh, thank you. What a gorgeous boy. That face. And the size of those paws. How big is he likely to get? When will he start driving? :wink:

Thank you for succumbing to the pressure of the Doggie People of the SDMB. :slightly_smiling_face:

@wolfpup That picture you posted is gorgeous, too. Their facial expressions are similar – serious, sincere, with a touch of the English Romantic Poet.

He is about 65 lbs. If he ends up like my former, similarly built male GSP, he’ll get to 75’ish lbs. Hopefully that is as big as he gets. We were wanting a smaller dog this time (it’s hard lifting heavy dogs once they can no longer jump into the back of the pickup/car) but he kindof fell into our laps :slight_smile:

Thank makes me think of one of my favorite ads. Mother of Pearl!!!

Love the Carfax commercial!

That’s my current problem with my old doggie Sweetie. She’s holding at 44 lbs and I can just lift her into the car. She can’t get up and down my front steps any more, so when we go for a walk, we go down the back way, where I have a ramp from when her predecessor couldn’t make it over even a one-inch step. She 15, but holding her own. I finally found food she likes, so she’s eating well every day.

This is Sweetie in one of the eight (count 'em!) dog beds I have scattered around the house. :slightly_smiling_face:

Aww, she does look like a sweetie!

What a lil cutie! What a perfect example of puppy dog eyes as well, I’ve learned to never trust the innocent looking puppies!

@ThelmaLou Sweetie looks like the sort of lady who walks down the street wagging her tail in the air and smiling at everyone she meets.

A friend bought a folding motorcycle ramp for her dog. After they got down the front steps, she could fold the ramp up and leave it in her living room while they were walking.

Eight dog beds! Wow. Not spoiled at all :rofl: And yes, she does look like a sweetie!

Well, to be fair… the cats use them, too. But yeah, if an animal in my house has a nap attack, they can pretty much fall down right where they’re standing and land in a bed.

I’d need one really long for my front steps to keep the angle manageable, but the one at the kitchen door is just right. I got a folding ramp to help her up into the car, but she’s afraid of it. :roll_eyes: Sweetie takes after her owner: highly sensitive and emotionally wobbly.

Reminds me of the time when I lived in the country that I drove the riding lawn mower up some long ramps into the bed of the pickup-- VERY scary! :scream:

Sweetie is adorable! Darling eyes! Skritches, of course.