Pet pictures!

The dog has fit in perfectly with her other two. When I teased my daughter about Shiloh staying, she just answered, “we’ll see “. When I mentioned Shiloh staying to her husband, he told me it was a done deal.

I’ve always felt that three was the perfect pack size.

Heh, my daughter has a Jack Russel mix. He loves hiking.

I mean, I don’t know guys, I’m kind of convinced… I am now a Cat Earther:

Imgur

Simi posing on the trail.

And another pose.

There’s just something about a sleeping kitteh. (This is Monkey. He is, in fact, a cat.)

Max blep:

Imgur

Let’s see if this works:

OK, I think it did.

New puppy making headway in learning about cats. Cat putting up with this.

A boop is the first step toward friendship.

Luna @ the new dog park + off-path trails:

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

She can get overwhelmed by the more aggressive dogs, as you can see in that last photo.

Yeah, the dogs always go in nose-first hoping to get a good sniff!

He wants to lead with the wet nose with me also, which is not surprising, but not all that welcome. He’ll learn to come lean against me sideways instead, eventually.

Two of the four cats have been allowing a good deal of sniffing. The third one I think is thinking of coming around (I don’t know whether he’s ever lived with a dog before; the first two were raised with dogs.) Cat the Fourth (in order of this story only! every cat is really Number One) ain’t gonna come around in the sense of active friendship, but has decided to quit sulking upstairs until That Creature goes away and is back to very nearly her normal routine.

We were told Max grew up with a cat (and another dog), so he always wants to make friends with the cats. I don’t think he understands why they’re so hesitant!

Remember me? They built a dog park within walking distance of my house!

Imgur

I don’t run or chase, and for a while I was very reticent, but now I LOVE to mix it up!

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Sometimes the other dogs gang up on me so I get on People’s Rock:.

Imgur

If a cat in a blanket is a purrito, is this a grrr-ito?

Imgur

Is adorbs is what it is

I’ll tell him you said so. He needs a lot of adulation!

A bit of bad news that I’m hoping won’t be as bad as it could be.

After I left the the east coast I’d noticed a little lump on Bob’s rear left leg. It didn’t seem to bother him all summer and it didn’t get any bigger, but I just got around to getting him to a vet to have it looked at and sure enough, it’s a cancerous tumor. It seems that it is a type that is localized to something to due with an allergic issue - I didn’t quite understand everything the doc said. She did say, however, that it was “highly differentiated” (?) which is good; it isn’t likely to spread.

That said, it’ll take me about a grand to have him in surgery to have it removed and to have it analyzed to make sure it isn’t malignant. He hasn’t shown any health issues - he eats and pees and poops and plays and does everything a dog should do, so I think he’ll be fine. In the meantime, we’re off to the dog park for the afternoon.

Imgur

Nandi & Angel:

https://scontent-bos5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/315876014_10227031397944730_7745097396612718957_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=xH-_P6_76SYAX-8L6Kx&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.xx&oh=00_AfD_pqZe2S2JI0O806_PzLMkq1nkSg6w0RpyQtqyH8pOfA&oe=637F3FBF

Jiji & Lily:

https://scontent-bos5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/315828394_10227031403384866_8206032110975439189_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=4T-seLCNvmgAX_Rg5Yr&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.xx&oh=00_AfDzT-8Qk8-3Y_N9VBTV7MFazQHz-oCNi2audgmpk-pw4w&oe=637E4094

I’ve got two black beauties, too!
Trei and Seven
Imgur