Pet pictures!

I never heard of a cat wheel. That looks great!

Cygnus is super high energy. I have to tire him out during the day if he’s going to sleep through the night. I borrowed the wheel from a friend who couldn’t get her cats to use it, but I managed to get Cygnus on it within a few days. He seems to enjoy it now, and will use it on his own, though I think he still expects treats as a reward.

The One Fast Cat FAQ says that if you can get your cat to jump on a chair using a treat, then they’ll probably take to the wheel. That seems accurate to me. Cygnus is pretty smart, but more importantly, he’ll do anything for a treat.

https://i.ibb.co/QcgZBXq/6-D133-AE7-8241-4110-B4-B8-EE6-CE252-DC8-F.jpg

Oddballs duking it out, lil gray is smaller and lighter but she’s quick and fiesty. It’s all play before dinner, grooming and nap time now.

The gray one better watch out for the upcoming laser blast. Did you put some Temp V in the kitty treats?

The fuzzy devil comes by it naturally! It was from a short video I took today.

Your cat wheel is too cool! Looks like fun, I have one other cat that likes to sit and spin on a bar stool. He’s happy go around and round gripping it for all he’s worth. These other two turn inside out if I try to put them on It.

Simi graduated puppy obedience class!! We have to decide where to go from here.

Good job, Simi! Cute AND smart.

Posted this in the MMP but figured I’d cross-post to here.
I have a pillow on the floor so I can lie on my back with my feet propped up. (Ankles have been a bit swollen lately.)
Anyway, Monkey promptly took over:

Thanks! (from Simi). I put his mortar board on this morning and he pranced around.

I just got the results of Bob’s DNA test back.

Here’s the thing … as I’ve related before, when I got him I was told he was a Shepherd/Mastiff mix who came up from Texas with a young couple who then couldn’t find a place large enough to keep him. I suspect they were too busy to train him - he was pretty wild when I got him. When I brought him to the vet he said he thought he might have a little Great Dane in him. That’s the story I’ve told whenever anyone asks me. Now I have some concrete results and I think it makes his story a little clearer. I’m betting he was an “accident” with a breeder and was sloughed off. He is 100% German Shepherd Dog on one side (it doesn’t say paternal or maternal). And then on the other side there is a line of 100% Pit Bull! mixed with some GSDs mutts and a Mastiff at the the Great Grandparent Level. So cool to know for sure.

“He’s a German Shepherd / Pit Bull mix … no you can’t have my wallet.”

Imgur

What Bob is, is a Very Good Dog. Looks like he’s enjoying his life these days; hope you are as well.

Goofy Simi picture from our 3 mile walk this morning.

Very cool, and thanks for sharing! Bob is indeed a Very Good Boy, and one with a rare doggie-lifetime of travel adventures to remember. Hope all continues to be well for both of you. :dog:

It’s been hella hot here for a few days. Here’s Max from yesterday:

Cheating here … this is not my doggie, this is from a CBC Radio website about the joy and health benefits of pets, but this guy is just so happy and having so much fun I had to post it … :grinning:

From this article:

A research breeding facility was recently shut down in Virginia, leaving 4,000 beagles looking for homes. My daughter stepped up and is currently fostering Shiloh. He’s a sweetheart.

ETA the news story.

Bartleby on a recent hike.

Re Shiloh and Bartleby: what lucky dogs!

Hank and Jack demonstrate synchronized sleeping.

Imgur

Demon pony in stormlight:

Imgur

Also donkey.

Imgur

On those last two, I just meant to capture the beautiful sky, but critters always improve a picture.

I’ve been watching youtubes on the Virgina beagles. Good on your daughter. Does she think she’s going to keep Shiloh? Just be warned — beagles are extreme chow hounds.

A Parson Russel Terrier is the perfect pet for people who like to spend their days walking on trails, swimming in lakes, or napping in the afternoon.