PETA 'honours' National Infertility Awareness Week by offering a free vasectomy.

Not that many people have respect for PETA in the first place, but I’d like to know what brilliant marketing mind came up with this latest campaign. PETA is promoting a contest during National Infertility Awareness Week wherein one lucky winner will receive a free vasectomy. Now I don’t have a problem with this campaign in and of itself (though I still think PETA certainly goes too far, too often), but to tie it to National Infertility Awareness Week, and especially do it in hounour of?

This is like a slap in the face for people like me. I can’t even put in to words the anger I feel. Yeah, I’m going to send my husband out for a vasectomy, for fucks sake. We can’t even get pregnant as it is! They could have done this ANY other week.

A few links:

Babble (blog).

PETA campaign Facebook page.

Press Release by RESOLVE condemning the campaign.

Petition, if you’re interested (includes more links).

I know, sorry for the weak outrage, I’m just not great at this. :wink:

They’re tactless assholes who do a lousy job helping their cause.

After they compared the slaughter of chickens to the holocaust I stopped listening to them.

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-02-28/us/peta.holocaust_1_animal-rights-peta-web-site-holocaust-survivor?_s=PM:US

Ignore them. Hugs on dealing with a serious medical issue. I hope you get pregnant soon.

About a week ago, they suggested that San Francisco change the name of the Tenderloin District to the Tempeh District.

:rolleyes:

ETA: Link

See, if you just had Universal Health Care, your vasectomies would already be free and it would be one less thing for them to do to piss you off.

<ducks and runs>

I’m in Canada. This is outrage from afar.

Since they really don’t care about people, they really don’t care about pissing people off.

They’re Fred Phelps with slaughter on the brain instead of sodomy.

I’ll do it, if it means they spend $300 so I don’t have to. Hmmm… Oh man this is such bullshit. They’re doing ONE guy. He must prove that they have had a dog or a cat neutered between March 29 and April 27, 2011. Mine’s already been fixed, so fuck them.

This is like honoring the Holocaust with a BBQ and baking gingerbread men with Stars of David imprinted on them.

I can just picture them at funerals with “God hates Meat” signs.

It is especially tacky that the lucky winner has to have the procedure done at the vet’s office. It’s going to be a real bitch to get him in the car. It’s almost like he can sense what’s going to happen.

The plastic cone around his neck will be especially embarassing.

And the shaved fur. You don’t want him eating those stitches.

PETA is all about publicity and not the actual activity they are promoting.

there are so few times when i actually laugh out loud. Thanks, I needed that.