Pets, the Yankees, Xians, McCain, Mods

Five subjects I won’t be discussing again this year. Too much time wasted on this crap. I’ll rethink my posting habits.

Also I’ll try to figure out what people mean when they call me a one-trick pony.

Fuck the Yankees.

So 12 days from now it’s business as usual? :slight_smile:

You can’t be too much of a one-trick pony - I don’t know what your one trick is.

Good on ya,** PRR.**

I can think of what we usually like to call that trick around here.

So what’s the purpose of this thread? To tide you over through the last eleven days of the year?

Well, if you announce it, and then you go back to discussing one of the verboten subjects, it’s obvious that the subjects have control over what you discuss, not you. So I’m seeing how tough it is for me to restrain myself.

And I’m sure some Dopers will be glad to call you on it, too. Social shame can be a good motivator.

Short...but sweet.

I think I’ll join you and not talk about the Yankees, xtians, McCain or the mods for the rest of the year. I can’t make any promises about pets though.

Fuck the Christian Yankees with McCain’s mods. And their pets.

Pets, the Yankees, Xians, McCain, Mods

[JazzHands] The Aristocrats! ! ! [/jazzhands]

I’ll join in . . . I’m not going to talk about my mother-in-law.

Unfortunately, I have to talk to my mother-in-law.

Let’s go, Yan-kees! Let’s go!
Let’s go, Yan-kees! Let’s go!

Don’t let the haters get you down. Nothing wrong with being a Yankees fan. I’m a Yankees fan. My mom’s a Yankees fan. Her dad’s a Yankees fan. His dad was just an asshole.

McCain Backs Red Sox As “Sentimental Favorite”

I say good for you. For my own self there is one particular type of post that seems to annoy the heck out of me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve started a reply that basically said: For fuck’s sake, don’t you have a life?

So far I’ve been able to stop myself by asking: Did that post *really *change the quality of your life?

Since the answer is always no, I have so far been able to just walk away.