This applies to people who call my place of employment…
- Stop yelling!!! You may be deaf but I’m not.
- Don’t mumble, whisper, or hold the phone 12 inches from your mouth, or whatever the hell it is you’re doing that prevents me from hearing you.
- Don’t call from your cell phone and tell me to “hurry up” because you’re roaming.
- Put down the screaming brat before attempting to talk to me. Another ear-piercing screech and I may have to rethink #1 above.
- Call me when you are ready to talk to me. It’s extremely irritating (and a waste of time) to answer the phone “____ Public Library” and then have to wait for you to finish another conversation. (multi-tasking is fine; this is not)
- Don’t call me and ask “Why did you call me? I saw your number on the caller ID.” I probably didn’t and it’s not practical for me to visit each of my co-workers in their various depts. and ask each of them if they called you. Besides, we leave messages.
- Please have your card number ready when you call. It is against our policy (and a violation of state law) to acces your record over the phone w/o your card number: not your name, not your address, not your SS#. Do not tell me we did it for you last week; I know we didn’t. Going over my head will not work with this one, and you will be disappointed.
Aside from that… have a nice day.