Photographers - what message board do you recommend?

I have a friend who is getting more into photography - artistic shots of “found” situations - the swirl of sediment in a puddle, the unique time-of-day geometrics of sunlight on a patch of brick - you get the idea.

He is learning enough about analog SLR cameras to facilitate his work. Is there a message board you would recommend he frequent to absorb more lessons learned and tricks of the trade?

Thanks.

Shutter City isn’t really a message board, but it has free photo hosting where pros and amateurs can put their work up for comment. The comments are always constructive and helpful, and you get to see how others use different techniques with varying degrees of success.

http://www.pbase.com/ is also a good place to post your photos and garner comments. I like the way they have it set up.

It has great articles, a critique forum and other miscellaneous forums about all sorts of stuff.

I like BetterPhoto.com. It’s not really a message board, but it has lots of articles, tips and discussions that may be helpful to a novice. You can also take online courses on all types of photography topics, but they are a bit pricey for me. You can also purchase an online gallery to display your photos. Here’s mine, although I haven’t updated it with any new photos recently.

My favorite part, however, is the monthly contest. I have been really inspired by some of the photos I’ve seen entered, and have had a couple of my own selected as finalists.

I like worth1000.com, because it’s got photography contests, photoshop contests, and text. They mostly focus on photoshop, but they do do a lot of interesting contests.

~S&S (who just said ‘do do’ for the first time in his life)

This site (luminous-landscape.com) has a message board, and is full of excellent articles about both technical stuff and more general photographic musings.

This One!

I’m thinking about hosting something like these boards for SDMB members.

Probably won’t happen for a bit, but would anyone be interested?

MrFantsyPants: Maybe, but wouldnt it be redundant?

In what way do you mean?

If you mean that there are already a bunch out there, yeah of course it is. But I’d rather do this within the confines of a community that I am already a part of, rather than heading off and joining another online community where I have no other connection with the rest of the members.

If you mean that we can already do it here, well, this would make it easier.