Pink for Halloween?

I’m seeing it everywhere. I’m confused.

Is this for breast cancer awareness or just a trend?

The color or the singer?

The criminal.

When I google “pink for Halloween”, this is the first image result.

That link introduced me to the word tritagonist, which is the third most important character in a play or movie.

We’re all trying to find the guy who did this.

In case you haven’t noticed

The next sentence of that lede says they’ve been doing this for over 4 decades now.

Yes, the “official” colors of October in the USA are Brown & Orange for Halloween. And Pink for BC.

I started seeing pink Halloween decorations the last couple years with certain ASMR artists who do color themed holiday set ups.

Not something I particularly like but it has been around a little while.

When I was in the Air Force, I always stocked up on pink pens and pencils in October to bring with me to work. Most of my coworkers were men so having pink writing utensils ensured I would get them back when one of the men borrowed one from me.

Sorry. Temporarily forgot about Pink the musical artist.

But I mean the color, of course.

The young woman from state IT uses pink RJ-45 cables so that she can get them back.

I get the pink implements. Anything you can buy, hammers, drills, technical things, you can get in pink.

But Halloween? Seemed odd to me.

Christmas decor did this to me a decade ago. Weirdest Christmas decor I saw was black. Black tree. Black ornaments. Black gift wrap.

Hey, to each their own. But come on. Orange and black for trick or treat. Maybe a dab of purple. In my opinion.

The mouse on my laptop at work is pink. The reason for that is, I saw some cheap mice on a trip to Staples, it’s something that it’s handy to have a spare of, and the pink one was a buck cheaper than the black one.

I think that they were trying for the “pink tax”, but then discovered that there’s very little overlap between the demographics who want the alienware aesthetic and those who want pink.

Today is my 9-year Boobaversary. I had to look at all that pink crap while I was dealing with my own diagnosis.

Happy Boobaversary. I’m glad things are going smoothly for you now.

I get it. My late wife was a BC survivor. Until she wasn’t.

I have very little good to say about Pinktober. At least, finally, they stopped saying “Susan G Komen” about every 30 seconds on every channel all month.

I can’t find any examples of pink being used for Halloween. Help?

And there was also Barbara Ehrenreich’s essay, “Welcome to Cancerland.” She thought the “Breast Cancer Bear” was pretty much the most demeaning thing she’d ever seen. At least nobody offered me a souvenir catalog.

I did know a man (RIP Jack; he died about age 90) who had breast cancer, and he would wear a pink hat at Race for the Cure for as long as he could, to increase knowledge of male breast cancer, a disease most men do not know exists until they get it themselves, which happens about 1,000 times a year in the U.S.

I’m sure you can find it at Walmart..I know the Dollar General and Dollar tree have it. I like to look at the seasonal offerings occasionally.

I don’t know about online.

ETA …I fully know this is Breast Cancer awareness month. The stuff I’m seeing is not labelled as for that. I really believe it’s a decor choice.

Teal has been making inroads as well.

The project began in 2012 when Becky Basalone, director of the Food Allergy Community of East Tennessee (FACET), arrived at a novel idea. She painted a pumpkin teal and placed it outside her door on Halloween. The symbol represented food allergy awareness and signaled she was offering allergy-free treats or non-food alternatives like temporary tattoos and glow sticks. The concept proved effective, spreading fast through various communities.

Any relation to the Tiddy Bear?