Pitting Cartooniverse

So, Cartooniverse’s behaviour is disgusting. Hopefully next time someone claims that any other ethnic group acts to look after their own first, the people posting here will attack them equally.

Actually, I have no hope whatsoever for that, there are far too many self-hating woke hypocrites here.

The hilarious part of that attitude to me is: The Asian women I’ve known have mostly been women I would not want to cross under any circumstances. There may be a group of subservient Asians somewhere in the world, but they’re not showing up around here.

I spent about a year of my life in Asia between 1993 and 2002 on various business trips. I saw a ton of that behavior from a disappointing number of my co-workers.

Hopefully you learn to read, so you can stop making comments that make you look as stupid as you have done here.

I’ll have to agree here. If you could have learned to read, you would have by now.

I’m impressed, your hive training includes all the buzzwords.

:scotland::scotland::scotland:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 We scots always 'eek efter oor ain, froist! :scotland::scotland::scotland:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Me, too. The other side is the infantilizing. I had a Chinese-American friend who was bitching about her dance instructor who kept calling her his “little China doll.”

@Steophan You really do just see what you want to see, don’t you?

(Of course, don’t ever ask them to back that up. Because the only response to that is *crickets*)

I’m not squeamish, but I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing what that was…or what it looked like.

Well then, my work here is done! :smiley:

Oh, and they also smell horrific too. Thought you might want to know ALL the things…

I just genuinely don’t get how he got that interpretation out of what Cartooniverse said. Does Steophan not think Chris Rock is black?

Steophan does not think. Period.

As a white guy, I think I’m required to stand up for Steophan right now. Hang on, I’ll get to that shortly.

Ahhhh, yes, the pile-on.

I’ll live. As a '99er with a brain and a voice it isn’t the first time. Won’t be the last either. Pity Jenny isn’t alive to have watched this whackadoo back in April, she’d have appreciated the laugh.

Now, we’ll just circle right back up to my original thesis, which I happen to stand by 100%

What happens in the back row in the truck controls the content that leaves the truck. The choices, the edits in the moment, things shown and in this case NOT shown.

All of these are the purvey of the Executive Producer. Calling me a racist because I pointed out that the person in that chair was African - American is, well, fairly hilarious. Everyone sitting in that chair comes to it with a personal and professional agenda and executes the show accordingly.

Anyone who has worked Live Television and has stood in a control room ( or in this case, a remote truck that is the Control Room on wheels ) and has seen ALL cameras and graphics simultaneously will know beyond any doubt that choices get made. Things are seen or not seen. Things are shown in close-up or not at all, or in a vague wide shot.

–Shrug-- You don’t like the truth of a statement about Live Television, well. Here we are in the Pit of despair. You understand how Live Television works? Dandy. See you over in what used to be known as General Questions.

Have a lovely evening.

And this called for a reply 16 months later why?

I was just wondering the same thing. Alcohol maybe?

I think Cartooniverse is lonely and needed a hug. Or a slap in the face, since this is the pit, but like my cat, any attention is good attention at a certain point.

The grossest part of this is how you sullied TubaDiva’s name. Fuck off and go away.

You know what, I’ll accept being seen as the tiny gruesome mockery of a person in order to use this. It’s worth it, and apt:

Man, I’d completely forgotten when Cartooniverse was a racist shithead over the Will Smith Oscars. Glad he bumped this thread to remind me!