[QUOTE=Carnick]
To preface this, I must say that I love the Pit. It’s a strange beast – a sort of small remote island filled with piss and vulgar thoughts in an otherwise enlightened, polite forum. It’s a fascinating spectacle to both observe and participate in. So I implore you, please take the following in good humor. I mean no true disrespect..
[/QUOTE]
yeah, whatever…
You are trying to be “witty” and think no one else has done this before.
Does this work out the way it does when you place a mirror across from another mirror and you end up with mirrors mirroring mirrors which are mirroring mirrors?
[QUOTE=Quiddity Glomfuster]
Does this work out the way it does when you place a mirror across from another mirror and you end up with mirrors mirroring mirrors which are mirroring mirrors?
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
I pit people who get their news, in regards to any President, from what their fellow travellers rant about in the SDMB BBQ Pit.
[/QUOTE]
Not that I give a shit what a brain-damaged right-winger has to say, but I get all my news online. Sometimes though, I’ll see a story here in the Pit before seeing it elsewhere, and then I’ll read the links and if it’s worthwhile, I’ll look for more to get a better overview.
In any case, the liberals on this board are almost universally far more intelligent and informed than any stick-their-head-in-the-sand and quack conservative. You people are proud of your ignorance.
[QUOTE=Pedro]
Heh. Of all my annoying quirks you had to pick on “meh”? I feel so cheated! How do you feel about “heh” by the way? It expresses faint, almost evanescent amusement, unlike “feh”, which expresses dull disdain.
[/QUOTE]
You’ve been a guest since September, 2000? How did that happen?
[QUOTE=featherlou]
I’m such a douche nozzle. All you douche nozzles hide your faces. Actually, thinking about it, douche nozzle isn’t much of an insult, you know. It’s just a piece of plastic, I believe. What else you got?
[/QUOTE]
Well, it’s all about being stuck up cunts, isn’t it?
[QUOTE=straight man]
Assuming that I’m understanding what you’re trying to say, I’m not sure just how posting a pit thread is “calling them on it”. On the SDMB, you’re pretty much preaching to the choir (and preaching shrilly, at that). The excess of such threads is, IMHO, pretty annoying.
[/QUOTE]
Perhaps “calling them on it” was the wrong terminology. Posting a pit thread is, at the very least, informing people that something happened. The idiot in the White House gives people so much to talk about that no wonder there’s a pit thread about him nearly every day. History, in some form or another, will know that some people paid attention.
As far as being shrill, if it were a Democratic president doing all this shit, the shrillness from the right would be head-splittingly deafening. Look at how much fuss they made over a freaking blowjob.
If you’re annoyed by Bush-bashing, don’t read the Pit.
Pedro, I got over my scorn of “meh” once I found out it was from the Simpsons, though I still think it looks terribly silly. If “Oh Snap” came from the Simpsons, I’ll give it a grudging pass too, but no one’s ever told me where it came from.
“Heh” I dislike, but it’s ok. “He he” makes me want to throw things. “Fah” and “Feh” don’t bother me because they’re not used very often (not where I see them, anyway) and if I have seen them my eyes skimmed right over them.
[QUOTE=Equipoise]
In any case, the liberals on this board are almost universally far more intelligent and informed than any stick-their-head-in-the-sand and quack conservative. You people are proud of your ignorance.
[/QUOTE]
Said the man that doesn’t read newspapers. :dubious:
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
I pit people who get their news, in regards to any President, from what their fellow travellers rant about in the SDMB BBQ Pit.
[/QUOTE]
You don’t have to be informed if you already know you’re right!
[QUOTE=Carnick]
Said the man that doesn’t read newspapers. :dubious:
[/QUOTE]
I’m a woman, and you don’t have to read the newspapers to get the news. There’s this new-fangled thing out there called the “Internet.” Strangely enough, there are thousands of news sites on it. Imagine that! Really, what will they think of next? Also, when I want to read the newspaper, I can go online and read from their web site.
[QUOTE=Carnick]
You don’t have to be informed…
[/QUOTE]
The major liberals on this board, people like luci and Diogenes and Cervaise, are more informed than any right-winger here could ever dream of being. Right-wingers seem to me to be afraid of information and would rather whine about threads that give information and opinions about what’s going on.
[QUOTE=Carnick]
if you already know you’re right!
[/QUOTE]
History will tell, won’t it? This administration, the people who voted for it, and right-wingers/conservatives in general are, I believe, going to come off looking so bad future generations are going to be appalled, in the same way we look back at the Dark Ages and are appalled. Not that I think we’re in a Dark Ages, but a lot of right-wingers sure would like to see us back there.
[QUOTE=Equipoise]
Not that I give a shit what a brain-damaged right-winger has to say, but I get all my news online. Sometimes though, I’ll see a story here in the Pit before seeing it elsewhere, and then I’ll read the links and if it’s worthwhile, I’ll look for more to get a better overview.
In any case, the liberals on this board are almost universally far more intelligent and informed than any stick-their-head-in-the-sand and quack conservative. You people are proud of your ignorance.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, I think the “quackers” are simply less vocal on the internet.
“We” don’t really need to be vocal.
(Since we are right… )
[QUOTE=Liberal]
You’ve been a guest since September, 2000? How did that happen?
[/QUOTE]
I’m guessing his subscription just ran out, in which case the status defaults to ‘guest.’
[QUOTE=Carol Stream]
I pit people who get their news, in regards to any President, from what their fellow travellers rant about in the SDMB BBQ Pit.
[/QUOTE]
I pit you, you thread pissing bitch. Why the fuck do you even come here? There is no more worthless poster than you. I’ve never seen a post by you that wasn’t your way of flashing your shriveled up cunt at the board and urinating all over any and everything you can hit. You hate it here, and you think everyone on here is an idiot; Good for you! Go to Free Conservatives and yuk it up with the other assholes. You won’t be missed, trust me.
[QUOTE=Carnick]
Similarly, I pit the aging smelly hippies who can’t go one day without pitting our stupid president. These faded liberal gasbags love filling the Pit with Bush / republican / Fox News rants so that they can do the one thing they’re passionate for: protesting. Apparently these pot addled dolts never graduated past their teenage angry phase so they’re forced to fill their day with raging against the machine. Except they don’t protest in places that matter, no, they do it on the Dope where 99% of the user base already agrees with them.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah they should protest at important Presidential meetings so he can get a good feel for how America feels. Good luck with that.