Placenta Pot Pie

I’m looking for the best recipe involving placenta, be it fried, baked, boiled, broiled, sauteed, or tartar.

Best recipe gets my copy of Fred Hembeck Destroys The Marvel Universe mailed to the winner.

:eek:
I don’t have a recipe. I merely wish to record here that the thread immediately preceding this was “What was the last thing you ate?”

Placenta Pizza:

Grind placenta. Saute in 2 tbl. olive oil with 4 garlic cloves, then add 1/4 tsp. fennel, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. thyme, and 1/4 cup of wine. Allow to stand for 30 minutes, then use with your favorite home made pizza recipe. It’s a fine placenta sausage topping.

Other recipes can be found here.

Let me know how it comes out.

Great minds think alike

Well, it sounded like fun, so I ran a search on “placenta recipes” on MSN, and among the results was Cecil’s column on the subject. It includes the recipe for Placenta Cocktail and Placenta Pizza.

Further searching reveals the apparent source of the recipes here.

How about a nice Placenta Stew?

Placentalicious!

Uncle Cecil was my inspiration for this thread.:smiley:

Placentastic!
Placentamazing!
Placenterrific!

Placentasty!
Afterbirthamongous!
er…
Umbilicious!

[sub]okay, I’m done now[/sub]

All I know is that I have no desire to see my placenta, let alone serve it. So, there will NOT be placenta pizza served at my son’s birth.

Robin

I saw the placenta for the first time after I had my third (and last) child. It was actually quite fascinating. But there’s no way in hell I’d ever EAT the thing.

Sheri

Neither do I… but thanks for the inspiration, Terminus. You have now inspired me to do a search for that “sequential threads” thread (sounds weird) and resurrect it yet again! :smiley:

So excuse me while I go and do just that…

I wonder if it can be used in head cheese?

In some ways, wouldn’t eating a placenta be akin to cannibalism?

I remember a TV chef doing placenta paté

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/newsid_101000/101944.stm

He’s also cooked woodlice burgers, IIRC

Has anyone here actually eaten one, or know directly (ie met) someone who has?

Placenta tastes best
When it’s served hot and fresh.
You can top your placenta
With creamy polenta.
Bake it in a gourd
(Don’t forget the umbilical cord!)

A nutritious and delicious treat,
It’s vegan-friendly while still being meat.
You really get your money’s worth
When you create a meal with after-birth.

Placenta. It’s what’s for dinner.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’m gonna…
blaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh!

Oops. sorry

Dear God, please tell me this thread is a joke. This is the most revolting thing I have ever heard.

Placentaritas

Get a Bass-O-Matic.
Get a placenta.

Place placenta in Bass-O-Matic.
Locate “pulverize” switch location.
Pulverize.

Add 2 cups of ice,
6 oz. Mr. T’s Placenta Mix,
1 frozen can of Limeaid (to taste)
and all the tequila in your house.

Serve chilled out.

wow. It will only be a matter of time before I call someone in the PIT a “placenta pot pie!”

–==the sax man==–

For those who don’t like the taste of placenta, there’s always Sugar-Coated Placenta Tablets Yes, I actually have these in my possession. An ex-girlfriend swears by 'em, and wanted me to take them daily. I guess she figured I wasn’t getting enough estrogen. According to the inside of the pamphlet which comes in the box, the placentas are gauranteed to be harvested from “healthy young mothers” in state-run orphanages. Yay!

What food does placenta most taste like? It seems like it would be ideal for fritters or maybe sausage, but that would depend on its consistancy and taste.