Please STOP suggesting threads for me to look into

I vote for getting rid of them too. Annoying as all get out, and I mean noticeably annoying on a website that has become completely annoying.

I don’t mind the suggested topics generally, but I wish we could get rid of the ones we don’t want to see! I read the beginning of the JK Rowling Trans thread when it was still less than 100 posts and not just the same things over and over, now Discourse thinks I want to be reminded of that thread all the time even though it must be over 1000 posts by now. I’m sick of seeing the bright blue bubble saying how many hundreds of new posts there are!

Agreed! I end up muting threads just so I don’t have to see them recommended constantly.

See the bell icon over to the side? Click on it, then choose ‘mute’. It’s a frigging godsend.

THANK YOU! :pray:t2: I had no idea that was a thing!

:+1: Glad to help…I was overjoyed when I saw it was an option. (The exact same thread prompted my first use of it, too.)

Thank you. I just muted that thread, too.

No, I don’t see it. Is it on the right or left?

The bell icon should be somewhere near the scroll bar, which is on the right side by default (but varies with theme, I think). If you are on mobile you might have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the thread.

~Max

On my screen right now, in addition to the unlabeled bell near the bottom of the scroller bar, there is a box a little below the last post that says “tracking” and also has a bell in it. It could also say “normal” or other stuff. If you click on that, you have a choice of mute, normal, tracking, or something that I’ve never tried that I think nags you whenever someone adds to a thread or something.

It’s handy.

On mobile, click on the thing that says “69/80” (or whatever). That will bring up the bell button.

It would be nice if there was a way, for the Suggested Topics at the bottom of any page, if you could click on a button that said, “Don’t show me this one again.”

I think you can - just mute the topic. It does require going into the topic once to get access to the bell button so you can select “Muted”

OK, thanks. I’ll try that.

On desktop, you can also hit mm after entering the thread for quick-mute.