POLL: How was your vaccine reaction?

Pfizer for both shots.

First shot: left arm. The injection caused a bit of soreness immediately, and this increased slightly over the rest of the day. When I went to bed, I found sleeping on my left side made the injection site sore enough to keep me awake. I fell asleep normally on my right side. The next day the soreness was gone.

Second shot: right arm (to avoid the left arm soreness). Almost no discomfort at the injection site. Later, soreness began developing on the left arm injection site. After a while, that soreness peaked, and then it faded by bedtime. At the same time my right arm developed increasing soreness. However, it wasn’t too sore, and sleeping on either side was no problem. By morning both arms were fine.

Done with my 2nd vaccination. No side effects except heavy arms that lasted for 3 days.

I “talked” to someone on another forum who thinks he got tintinitus from the first dose of the vaccine. It eventually cleared up, but it took a really long time. He hasn’t gotten another dose. He’s in his 30s, not overweight, doesn’t have diabetes, and just doesn’t want to risk going through that again. Can’t say I blame him.

Yes, I still have the tinnitus. I saw an ENT doctor about it earlier in the week, who said he could identify nothing physically wrong with my ears, and that it was probably due to the vaccine, and would probably go away.

I’ve also been feeling a bit dizzy and lightheaded this week. Not enjoying it. Since balance comes from the inner ear I assume it is related.

I am hoping things will settle down once I get past the two week period after dose #2. From the studies that have been done, it seems like within two weeks after the second dose, the body is still reacting in various ways, producing antibodies, etc, and I assume these side effects are consequences thereof.

In retrospect I think I may have already had a mild increase in tinnitus after the first shot, but it was lesser in degree and I didn’t make the connection at the time.

I suppose it is still better than getting COVID. But I will get pretty grumpy if it turns out that the vaccines lose effectiveness or whatever and I am expected to repeat this experience. I think I would pass unless there is much clearer understanding of the origin of these side effects and confidence that they are temporary and not causing any lasting damage.

Interestingly, I am in good company though. I see after googling that the director of the vaccine research group at the Mayo Clinic had a severe tinnitus reaction to the vaccine himself.

I described the reaction to my first shot (Pfizer) up in post #224 – basically a slightly sore arm starting a few hours after the shot, not much of any other reaction.

I had my second shot (also Pfizer) on Friday, and there was almost no reaction at all. The injection spot got very slightly sore (but not the whole arm) and that was about it.

It’s almost worrisome as I would have preferred to experience at least a mild reaction. According to one vaccine expert, it’s typical to have a stronger reaction to the second shot, but also normal to have little or no reaction, as indeed was his own experience. AIUI, little reaction to the second shot probably means that your body had an exceptionally robust response to the first one. It may or may not be relevant that because of the way vaccines were being phased in Canada, it was three months between the first and second shots.

I got Pfeizer.

First shot was just like a normal flu shot. After a few hours my arm got a bit sore which lasted through part of the next day.

Second dose, arm started hurting within minutes of getting the vaccine. The pain was much worse than with a normal flu shot to the point that it hurt too much sleep on my side that night. I slept a lot of the next day but that might either have been due to the shot or due to the fact that I was way behind on my sleep and used the vaccine as an excuse to get caught up.

Second shot of Astra Zeneca about four hours ago. Thus far, no soreness or any other effects that I can notice. I hope it remains that way. I’ll add in my second vote on the poll sometime later, if I remember.

I was sick after the second Pfizer shit. I was weak and had a headache and a sore throat.

I got my third Moderna yesterday, because I’m on immunosuppresive drugs. The reaction is essentially identical to my second shot reaction so far.

It took about 12 hours for anything to happen. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with chills. Got myself warm, then woke up again about two hours later because I was overheating. By morning my temperature had stabilized, and no issues anymore with being cold or hot.

Just like last time, my butt hurts like I overdid it on squats at the gym yesterday. I’m a bit stiff and achy everywhere else, but it’s only my glutes that actually hurt. I did get the shot in my arm.

Played bridge over zoom last night. One of the other players got his third dose the day before. He said his fever got to 101, and he was cranky about having symptoms at all. I think he didn’t before.

Moderna booster here.

Flu-like symptoms about one day, chills, fever, followed by heavy night sweats.

Arm a little sore.

(this device wanted to make “sweats” into “gravy”)

Whisk together some arrowroot and cold water, making a smooth slurry. Add this gradually to your sweat, stirring continuously, while heating over a gentle flame.

You can use cornstarch in place of arrowroot, but be sure to cook longer to do away with the “raw” taste.

Snort.:grin::upside_down_face:

I haven’t had my booster yet, but one of my coworkers who has is now telling everyone who will listen that she’s been cold ever since she had the booster. >.<

(It couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the sudden cold fronts, and building manager’s refusal to adjust the HVAC system…)

Booster this am. Arm is sore, not much else as yet.

Shot 3, yesterday before 1300. Today I’m sore at the injection site, though not as much as the first two doses. As before, I’m tired; but it hasn’t caused me to nap like it did the other times. The shot has not shown up on my state record yet.

Had shot 3 of Moderna. Sore at injection site for 3 days. Felt icky and feverish for 6 hours starting 24 hours after injection.

I had my third dose (not booster) two weeks ago. It was a shock to learn that asplenic people are considered severely immunocompromised. Anyway, all three have been Moderna. The first two weren’t a big deal. A little fever and arm soreness. The third completely knocked me on my butt! My arm was on fire when I rolled over and I could barely get out of bed the next day. Nausea and no appetite. It started getting better that evening, and the next day I was fine. I was a little tired, but even the arm soreness was gone. It was WEIRD!

Got my booster shot (exactly six months after the second shot) of Biontech/Pfizer AND the shot for the regular flu, on each arm, 11 hours ago. I was afraid that two vaccinations on one day would knock me out, but I only feel tired and exhausted, and otherwise I have no symptoms.

My wife and I got the Moderna booster. I had a fever of 99.9 the next day, but went to bed early and by morning I was back to normal. Her fever wasn’t as high and, again, after some sleep, she felt fine.

As a data point, we both got flu shots at the same time.