Poll: Thoughts of sex with acquaintances

Male, c)

That’s a good point–I should also mention that I occasionally have the same thoughts about women I meet, even though I’m not bisexual.

Male, a).

I know I’m a minority in this, but I basically never think about sex. And, when I do, it’s usually “Why in the hell are people so obsessed with sex?” Unless I’m actually in a relationship, there just seem to be so many other things worth thinking about. This makes interactions with other men awkward on a daily basis, since that’s 50% of what they talk about (and this is made even worse by my dislike of sports).

Male. C.

What I find comforting is that there are so many females that list C. I am going to have to adjust my way of thinking.

Male. C. I’m a total horndog. :o

We probably wouldn’t, if the male and female sexual agendas were more symmetrical. (See thread linked in post #15.)

What? He’s got you helpless on your back and he’s penetrating a sensitive orifice . . . Who wouldn’t think about sex? :wink:

Are you sure?!

I had never looked at it that way–but now I can guarantee it will be all I think about at every dentist appointment from here on out.

As to the second post, yeah, I’m pretty sure. I have had sex with women, and I can’t promise I’m never going to do it again, but most of my sexual and romantic desires focus on men, and I can’t envision myself having a relationship or any extended arrangement with a woman. Someone (I believe it was Margaret Cho) put it very well for me–I’ll take it, if they run out of what I really wanted. Believe me, if I thought I was at all wired for same-sex relationships, I’d be married to my roommate by now. :slight_smile:

Female.

c) Both men and women. Pretty much everyone that looks at least older than 25 and younger than 90. People at work, at the store, at the gym, walking down the street. But not usually detailed fantasies or anything, just the thought “What would it be like?” Sometimes I don’t necessarily like the vision in my head.

Male, B. (If filter the acquaintances to include only females within, say, 10 years of my age, then C if not D.)

Although I mostly expected it, I am somewhat suprised by the near unanimity of “Male, c)”

To some degree it is disturbing, knowing that everyone who has met your wife has thought about this. I suspected it before, but now that it seems certain, it’s different. :eek:

Also, I am somewhat surprised by the many “female, c)” responses. Are we to assume that Doper girls are more sexually active or sexually liberated than the average woman, or is this representative of most women out there?

I guess I didn’t specify this in the OP, but there was an implicit age bracket, i.e. it would not make sense to count 90 year olds in the list of sexual-thought-candidates for a 20 year old.

(although you never know with some people :slight_smile: )

Female. c)Both men and women.

Male C, or D if possible.
It depends on the age group though, It’d say probably 95% of the women age 18-25, 80% of age 26-35, 50% 35-40 and decreasing rapidly from there.

I’m 23 Btw, so who knows if that’ll change.

Female, b)

Most of my co-workers are male, but they just don’t appeal. Maybe I’m picky? All of my male friends are quite good-looking, but they’re all taken too.

Male D - there are plenty I will never meet that I have had thoughts about.

Male c

No man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
So you’re saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive.
No, you pretty much want to nail them, too.

Female, C. Hey, as a later bloomer, I’m up for at least thinking about catching up as much as possible.

Male. C.

And Since D isn’t one of the options, the real answer in Cs would be: C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C C.

and C++ for the gals in the tech support crew. Seriously. Their hiring boss must be a total sexist or something, cuz not a dog in the bunch, and trust me, they KNOW about support.