Poll: Would you rather work Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs?

I’m a regular churchgoer, so Sun-Thurs would mess up my schedule. I’d have to find a Saturday or Sunday evening service which are not common in my denomination.

Working Saturdays would also bite, because I’d miss a lot of activities with my kids. But if I didn’t have kids, it wouldn’t be so bad.

I used to work Sun-Thursday, then they changed my schedule to Tuesday-Sat. I hate it. I hate working every Saturday.

Sunday-Thurday was so much nicer. Sundays were quiet days when I could easily catch up on things before the office started and it allowed for a good start to the week. Now, I feel like coming in on Tuesdays, I have to wade though a pile of shit to figure out what the hell happened while I was off and the office calling me looking for answer

If I had those 2 choices, give me Sunday and Monday off.

I currently work Tues-Sat. I like it. I’m not a party animal, so I don’t care about Friday night. Getting Monday holidays off consistently is a big bonus, too, as well as having a weekday available to get appointments, etc. done. Monday is also the best day to go shopping since everyone else shops over the weekend and the stores are much less crowded.

I’ve work both ways. I worked in the warehouse at a ski resort Sunday thru Thursday and skied Friday and Saturday. In college I worked at Kmart Tuesday thru Saturday during the summer. You get the beaches to yourself on Monday. I once worked Wednsday thru Sunday. I spent Monday and Tuesdays in Monterey with a friend.

The flexibility of the single life.

Yeah, another advantage of Tue-Sat for me was that I still had Sunday off and that’s a common holiday/event/gathering day for my family. When I worked Sat-Weds I missed all of them.

I spent a short time working a Sunday-Thursday week, and it was just wonderful. The best part was that it was a second shift job, so my Saturday nights weren’t sacrificed. I can’t say I did all that much with those Saturday nights, but at the very least I had the option. I’m on a Tuesday-Saturday week right now. I guess it’s not too bad, especially since it’s football season, but this town really rolls up the sidewalks on Sunday nights; I think I’d rather be working.

Tuesday to Saturday because of church.

I guess Tuesday-Saturday, because church assumes you have Sunday free. If we’re going to move church around, too, then we start having there being no point in moving things at all.

I mean, think about it. If the normal work week was Sunday through Thursday, we would just have TGITh and “I hate Sundays.” It’s not like the day itself matters. It’s relative to what occurs around it.