Post CF and on-going Trump outrages

Did Albuquerque sell the debt to the collection agency for some number of pennies on the dollar? Did it say anywhere how many pennies on the dollar Albuquerque got?

Actually, I don’t think any collection agency that knows their business will buy THAT debt at any price. So I guess it’s Good Luck Albuquerque finding a collection agency that doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Maybe make it more like the Donald J. Trump Library site

Yikes! That website is a freaking work of art!

Yeah, I freakin’ love that website. And it looks like they’ve added more beautifully sarcastic content since the last time I visited.

They manage to believe simultaneously that he’s a Business Genius, and that they themselves are not marks being taken by a cheap con man.

It’s some pretty fancy brainifying, I can tell you.

[not-so-humblebrag]
And I contributed to it! After it was first mentioned in a thread a while back, I noticed in the timeline for 2021:

I e-mailed the site admin to point out that “over two decades” probably should say “over two centuries”, which they immediately corrected!
[/not-so-humblebrag]

After spending the last year of his presidency fighting tooth and nail against actual science, the ShitGibbon now wants to be remembered as “the father of the vaccine.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/after-railing-against-science-trump-wants-to-be-remembered-as-the-father-of-the-vaccine

Yeah, I guess if the “vaccine” turned out to be injecting bleach and shining a light up your bunghole, it would be appropriate to remember him that way.

Tell you what – if he uses whatever influence he has left to get all the right-wing anti-vaxxers to actually get vaccinated, I’d say we let him have the title.

I suppose. But it’s very hard to take the high road with these stupid fucks, and their stupid leader.

It’s not about taking the high road – it’s about using their own worst tendencies for the greater good.

Trump loves getting credit for stuff. He should want his followers to be getting their vaccines to validate his magnificence.

His followers love to give him credit for stuff. They should be making it a point of pride to get themselves vaccinated and force everyone else to do it, just to prove how awesome Trump is.

Instead – on the one thing where following Trump would actually benefit everyone – they’ve somehow gotten it into their heads that the vaccine is a leftist Democrat plot and forgotten Trump had anything to do with it. And Trump, on the one thing where he might genuinely claim some credit, doesn’t seem inclined to correct them.

It’s like being stupid for its own sake is now their ultimate goal.

Political Judo?

I think the power-masters behind the RW media propaganda complex are totally doing exactly that. They are trying to convert 1/2 of America into drooling followers who can’t tell a good idea from a bad one, nor their own self-interest from the opposite. In the master’s ideal world it’s as simple as habituating the followers to “OANN / QAnon said it, I believe it, and that settles it.”

Once that slavering horde is solidified under their thumb, they will loose it upon first the country and next the world to accomplish whatever their larger goal is. While meanwhile an awful lot of home-grown grifters have noticed this steaming pile of unthinking willing donors to made-up causes and buyers of bogus (metaphoric) team t-shirts of all sorts.

^ Yeah, this.

It is ridiculous, though. Somehow these people are capable of believing that Donald Trump was the one person in the nation who realized ‘hmn, pandemic–maybe developing a vaccine would be a good idea!’

No other president would have thought of that! [they somehow find a way to believe] …

But, yes: let them believe it, so long as they get the shots.

But they’re not getting their shots. They believe nutty conspiracy theories about what’s in them, and this asshole won’t get them purely because he believes it’s what liberals want and he just has to pwn them.

It’s insane. The one time they don’t believe Trump is the one time he’s saying what needs to be said.

This may be the best proof we’re ever going to have of the oft-repeated adage

Trump didn’t create the crazy divisions in America. The crazy divisions in America created Trump.

and all the variants of that cliché.

Agreed. But it could make a difference if Trump actually made a public-service announcement. IF he said ONLY ‘get the shot, everybody, it’s great and it’s what I want you to do’ on film, I’m pretty sure that FoxNews would run it.

Even other channels might run it.

We wouldn’t like seeing him pop up on television again, certainly, but if it really were JUST that ‘get the shot’ message, with no ‘I really won the election’ delusions tacked onto it, then I think we could tolerate it.

The problem is that his base has been hollowed out. The most Q-fervent became disappointed and angry with him when he failed to stand up and fight for the cause alongside liberators terrorists. Meanwhile, the thin crust of rational MAGAts saw Jan. 6 as hard to defend and has peeled away somewhat. There is such a breadth of malaise and disappointment across the range of his supporters that it is not easy to imagine whom he might reach with a public statement.

Slightly off-topic, but: I haven’t seen much about that. I wonder if anyone has a good estimate of how many of them have actually voiced disappointment with FG in a public place? (Online or at political events such as meetings of state legislatures and such?)

But, you’re right, of course, that the effects of even a straight-arrow, no-extraneous-content ‘get the shot’ PSA from FG are impossible to predict.

The way he has been a parent, it actually follows. He fucked it, then ignored it for 9 months.