Post CF and on-going Trump outrages

BTW, that should be Presidential Transition Act. Here is a summary of it:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/394

Public Law No: 116-121 (03/03/2020)

Presidential Transition Enhancement Act of 2019

This bill makes changes intended to smooth the transfer of executive power during presidential transitions.

The bill provides for the detailing of legislative branch employees on a reimbursable basis to office staffs designated by the President-elect or Vice President-elect with the consent of the supervising Member of Congress.

The bill extends support provided by the General Services Administration (GSA) to the President- and Vice President-elect for up to 60 days after the inauguration.

By September 1 of a year during which a presidential election occurs, the GSA shall enter into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with each eligible candidate, which shall include the conditions for administrative support services and facilities. To the maximum extent practicable, an MOU shall be based on MOUs relating to previous presidential transitions. Each MOU shall include an agreement that the eligible candidate will implement and enforce an ethics plan to guide the conduct of the transition beginning on the date on which such candidate becomes President-elect. The plan shall be published on the GSA website.

By September 15 of a year during which a presidential election occurs, each agency shall ensure that a succession plan is in place for each senior noncareer position in the agency.

I don’t speak governmentese at all, but the part I bolded about “ethics plan” gives me pause.

In answer to your question, maybe someone else can explain the other part I bolded, namely, “on a reimbursable basis.”

And how big are the kickbacks?

Well, the Presidential Transition Act is the legislation which authorizes the whole thing, but I think the GSA is the department which actually disburses the money, so that’s why I phrased it the way I did.

Regardless of that, the way your quote if phrased makes it sound like Trump’s office pays the staffers, and then Trump is reimbursed by the government. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Trump merely claimed that he’d given them raises, so that the reimbursement is more than he actually paying out.

I truly hope so. That is so easy to prove and such a felony.

Or, since they are staying at the resort to be near him, if he is charging them double-ultra-extra high rates for their room and board, to cover the kickbacks with a pasty (not a meat pie).

This is not really an “outrage” but it does illustrate how Emperor Moron was a tad foolish to tout the joys of stupidity.

Laziness and penny-wisdom can be their own punishment.

Well, boo-fucking-hoo.

Even though he lacks a major online presence, he still has the Republican party by the balls.

That sounds to me exactly like “he has the badger by the horns”.

I like it, but I don’t get the reference.

Badgers don’t have horns, ergo Republicans don’t have balls.

I got that, but since it was in quotes I thought it was a reference to a movie/book/article/etc.

Nope, doing a Google search for “badger by the horns” has zero results. It’s not a known phrase from pop culture or anywhere else. Just insert “thing without horns” for the animal.

I believe I’ve heard of a different animal being referenced in a comedy show inadvertently to show how clueless the speaker was but I can’t remember the animal, character, show or circumstance. So I’m not very helpful at all really. I sure took the hippo by the horns in my answer here.

Thanks to the Dope, it is now. A permanent, shining, glowing pop culture reference, which will live on into perpetuity.

…until folks complain about it enough.

Au contraire, complaints guarantee immortality. The more complaints the better.

That’s really grabbing the badger by the horns, there.

After one has grabbed a badger by the horns, does one throw it in the quarry or the Marianas Trench for 20 minutes?

One zaps it with a 1920s style death ray.

Well, dog my cats!

So going to the quarry and throwing stuff down there actually works?