Post CF and on-going Trump outrages

As we say in academia, a paper that refutes all of your paper’s findings still counts as a citation of your paper.

I was confused as well, but my search gave me a reference to a fanfic story (of what I don’t know yet; I’ve only read half of the first chapter thus far) called When the Badger Grows Horns. Apparently that was just a coincidence. :upside_down_face:

I was familiar with the meaning of growling at the badger, but I’ve not heard of grabbing one by the horns.

Not sure I want to know.

Growling at the badger is what dachshunds do. It would be what my dachshund would do if he ever saw a badger. Definitely NOT that urban dictionary definition!

My beloved recently-departed mini-dachshund would never have growled at any badger, I’m afraid. His style was more to hide behind my ankles from anything that made him nervous. He wasn’t a nervous dog, but why fight the battles when Mama would do it for him? Damn, I miss that sweet little boy.

BTW, I love your avatar. :slight_smile:

Thanks! You should post that in the IMHO thread about favorite avatars!

My current doxie, Max, is a bit aggro. Not bitey, but he has a strong territorial imperative, and people and critters who infringe on his territory get to hear about it. Deep down he’s a sweetheart and a cuddlebug.

The way Google indexes this site, I think eschereal will go down in history as the father of Badger Horns.

And the meme, and the websites, and the film version, and the Netflix series…

Ok, I will.

Aren’t they all?

Lewis never met a stranger, not human or critter. Made friends with 'em all, unless they preferred to be left alone. Then he’d just ignore them. One of my cats, now also deceased, used to entice him to pull her around in circles by her ear. Those two were hilarious together.

Long live Max, sweetheart and cuddlebug!

Now I have to go find a couple of Post CF and on-going Trump outrages to make up for hijacking the thread. Fortunately, it isn’t difficult.

Stephen Miller is waging legal war against President Joe Biden in the name of fighting alleged racial discrimination against white people. And he’s doing it while still reportedly drawing a sizable government salary.

The onetime White House adviser notorious for driving Former President Trump’s hardline anti-immigration agenda is behind two legal challenges against the Biden administration alleging anti-discrimination against white people in multibillion-dollar pandemic economic recovery programs.

I’m conflicted on this one. I think both Sondland and Pompeo are scum.

as long as it does not come to mean the University of Wisconsin marching band

That’s a win for you, too, though. The University will PM you saying their students all want the brass section to be called The Horns of the Badger… and telling you to name your price.

True enough, but AFAIK, Sondland has no future political aspirations. Pompeo, however, wants to be our next president, so anything that makes him look bad is a plus.

He has all the charisma of a wet paper bag. I don’t see him inspiring anyone to do more than fall asleep.

He’s also a conspiracy theorist who calls scientists irresponsible for disagreeing with him about COVID coming from a lab in Wuhan. As if they need to listen to him, because he has a better understanding than people who actually have training and experience. I don’t think he has any political future.

I certainly hope you’re right, but the guy has risen from Congressman to Director of the CIA to Secretary of State. He may have gone as far as he can go, but he definitely wants to be president.

This has proven numerous times in the past to be a dangerous prediction. I don’t rule anyone out as a threat.

Yeah, I thought Trump could never get nominated. Ex-president fucking Trump. :rage:

Pompeo looks like a very credible Soviet era senior apparatchik. IOW, he’s perfectly typecast to be the Brezhnev-equivalent that initiates the final fall of America into permanent authoritarianism.

Scum going after each other is always a good thing.

We’re not done discussing badgers and badger horns yet. For those still wondering, it comes from the Favorite Avatars thread just last week, where we discussed Lewis Carroll’s descriptions of raths and toves.

Stags do not have horns.

Correct, as antlers are not horns but rather a part of the skull. They are no more horns than a prominent brow ridge on a human would be.

The more you know!