Post CF and on-going Trump outrages

I’d hate to think people are actually buying those tickets. It would just make it more depressing to be encumbered with a conscience that compels me to earn an honest living rather than bamboozle the stupid and gullible into giving me money for nothing.

If it makes you feel better, the people selling these tickets are criminals guilty of fraud, and could potentially face prison time. So while you’re not making the money they are, I am guessing you’re also less likely to end up behind bars. (Again just a guess.)

That’s a very good point tricotueuse. These morons are expecting their god to be on the Capitol steps on Aug 15th cause they got conned into buying a ‘ticket’ to see something that has no way in hell of happening. “Of course it’s happening, I even bought a ticket to it”.

seditious criminals guilty of fraud

Great - so, some mass cargo cult action on the 15th, then.

The people that bought tickets to this ‘event’ that doesn’t have a chance of happening are clearly stupid, dangerous and they WANT to boil over and hurt people. Great combo.

And chicks for free.

Eric is wondering if his ticket is still good 'cause Don Jr. sold it to him.

So, if I am following this discussion a-right (in particular, what Snopes says), those tix pix are bogus and nobody is really selling them, and the MAGA idiots aren’t really buying them for $1200 each. This disappoints me.

Except, just consider in whose pocket that ninety-six hundred dollars would end up. As much as we relish the idea of the MAGAtry getting ripped off, there are certain people who just should not end up with large amounts of money.

Now that’s funny!

Yeah me too.

I still worry that the Trumpniks will try something on Aug. 15. Although they haven’t on all the other days that Trump was going to be reinstated as president so maybe I’m worried over nothing.

I’m worried as well. I’m afraid there is a group of rogue military officers planning an armed takeover of the country, assassinating officials including Biden, Harris, and Pelosi and announcing the Constitution is suspended because of lack of confidence in the election.

As much as I share your loathing of the previous administration and the continued promotion of the Big Lie, without a cite this sounds just as batshit as the other side’s rantings.

I checked and August 15 is a Sunday so at least Congress won’t be in session this time.

I agree it’s batshit and irrational. But I’m still worried about it. I don’t think the insanity of Jan 6 was a one-off deal and I’m not sure we can trust the military to live up to their oaths.

I’m not sure we can dismiss anything as “too batshit crazy to worry about” anymore.

Almost five months after leaving office, major publishing houses still are wary of publishing a book by former President Donald Trump, even though a post-White House memoir would almost assuredly be a best-seller.
Their reluctance is driven by several factors, though the underlying fear is that whatever Trump would write wouldn’t be truthful…

Quote needs editing: “Whatever Trump would ‘write’ wouldn’t be truthful…” I tend to doubt *45 could find a ghostwriter willing to work without payment in full up front, though.

"Some of the biggest sleezebags [sic] on earth run these companies.”

Gee, I wonder why they’re not offering him a deal.