Post CF and on-going Trump outrages

There’s good. And then there’s world class. @eschereal is world class.

Or else it was a no-fly venue.

Lol, no, that’s not gonna happen.

Worst than Trump and much, much smarter. That’s what’s scary.

After what happened with Pence that one time, can you blame them?

Although they did get an epic endorsement from the fly.

On Tuesday, the former U.S. leader praised Nigeria for suspending Twitter last week after the social media company deleted President Muhammadu Buhari’s post threatening mass violence against people he accused of attacking the nation’s infrastructure. Twitter also temporarily cut off Buhari’s account.

“Congratulations to the county of Nigeria, who just banned Twitter because they banned their president,” Trump said in a statement. “More countries should ban Twitter and Facebook for not allowing free open speech — all voices should be heard.”

Trump said “perhaps I should have” banned Twitter and Facebook when in office. “But Zuckerberg kept calling me and coming to the White House for dinner telling me how great I was,” he added, referring to Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.

Zuckerberg does not operate Twitter, journalist Andrew Feinberg pointed out in posting Trump’s musings.

Banning more social media in the cause of greater openness and free speech for all. Yup. That makes sense. :exploding_head:

That was so overtly clueless I had to double check to make sure that it wasn’t the onion.

I also like how he admits that he changes policy based on whether or not someone blatantly flatters him.

Which is a f feature, not a bug, to his followers. Pwning the 'tards is really the Prime Directive of the frothing RW.

“And I wish to thank my good friend from Nigeria, Prince Charles Mbeda, for the great emails we’ve shared. I hope someday you can finally get the fortune in gold bars that you left behind there and I’m glad I can help you.”

And they’re quickly finding that a rallying cry of “Hey, look how we’re pwning the libs ha ha ha” makes for more vigorous engagement than “Hey, look how the libs are pwning us boo hoo hoo”. The latter is going to get old fast.

Just like my greed everlasting,
Yeah, the grift goes on
Still going strong, on and on

(tweet includes ticket images)

For those not hip to twitter, apparently someone is selling tickets to Trump’s “second inauguration” on 8/15 for $1,200. Ted Nugent and Kid Rock will allegedly be performing.

Thank you. Twitter is blocked at my firewall.

Damn! Why didn’t I think of selling those? :man_facepalming:

Um, Snopes says those tickets are BS. Too bad…

No… really??? :astonished:

I’ll bet the money collected is real.

I hope there’s not another riot on August 15 :frowning: There’s idiots out there who want it badly enough to do something stupid, and gullible enough to fall for it.

go figure

Well there are two levels of BS here:

1. The event and tickets are BS and the story of gullible frothing RW people buying any of them are also BS.

2. The event and tickets are BS and the story of gullible frothing RW people buying lots of them is completely true.

So far Snopes & we only have evidence for Door #1. But the grift is yet young. One can hope.