Post CF and on-going Trump outrages

There’s some debate now whether some of it it got to the surface, it burned up in the atmosphere, or it just flew through the far upper atmosphere then exited the top of the atmosphere and continued on its orbit around the sun only a little worse for wear.

The fact it was visible offshore at altitude along 100-ish miles of coast said any impact(s) could have been dozens to a couple hundred miles out to sea.

That’s what the Deep State wants you to think.

“The military is a bunch of dumb SOBs - they can’t hit an unmoving building. Supprt our troops!”

“…an unmoving PINK building. Buncha pussies.”

“Mitch McConnell on his knees with mouth open” – film at 11, if you have the stomach for it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/548061-mcconnell-seeks-to-end-feud-with-trump

McConnell on Tuesday wanted no part in the food fight with Trump and said he’s more focused on trying to unify the Republican Party to oppose what he calls President Biden’s “far-left” agenda.

“What I’m concentrating on is the future and what we are confronted with here is a totally left-wing administration, with a slight majority in the House, a 50-50 Senate trying to transform America into something no one voted for last year,” McConnell told reporters.

My bold.

Well, enough people voted for it that Biden got elected.

McConnell and other GOP leaders still see Trump as important to revving up the Republican base and motivating rural and working-class white voters who don’t always turn out at the polls.

Keep the Tic-Tacs handy, Mitch.

That’s hardly the full list of what we have to worry about. Everything from abortion to voting rights to trans equality to government regulation to climate change and the EPA will all be on the table. Maybe those issues will be moot by then, but they will have their equivalents.

Or look at how lower courts played a role in limiting Trump’s Muslim ban.

Blocking outright lies, fabrications, distortions, and conspiracy theories is one thing. What happens when the Right can put together a halfway plausible justification? States’ Rights, limited government, repealing “judicial overstep”, interpretation by the Founding Fathers’ ideas of what democracy and equality mean - all these are potential issues to dread.

I’m so glad that this got absolutely no attention.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/statement-by-donald-j-trump-45th-president-of-the-united-states-of-america_22

The twice impeached one term President has issued a statement regarding the pause of the J&J vaccine, accusing the FDA and Pfizer of colluding to damage Johnson & Johnson.

I’m guessing that this one was brewing in the toxic waste dump of his brain because he hates Pfizer for not announcing the vaccine before the election and Woody Johnson is one of his cronies.

And I love it when Trump attacks corporations, he seems determined to drive big business into the arms of the Democrats.

When I read that, I heard in my mind’s ear the whine-growl-aargh noise that Chewbacca makes.

I think this follow under the standard Trump projection of “[Insert awful corrupt thing] is what I would have done in their shoes so its probably what they did.”

I have no idea what Biden did or said this past week. Holy hell, what a relief.

I do know Biden played his first round of golf in the last week. Not to worry Donnie, your record is perfectly safe.

His exile in Mar-a-Lago notwithstanding, Donald Trump’s authority over the Republican Party remains vast. You can see it in Republican reluctance to back a bipartisan inquiry into the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, in the widespread denunciation of party members who refused to overturn election results and who voted for Trump’s second impeachment, and in poll data showing continuing repudiation among loyal Republicans of the 2020 election results.

Trump’s centrality guarantees that large numbers of resentful, truth-denying, conspiracy-minded, anti-democratic, overwhelmingly white voters will continue to find aid and comfort in the Republican Party.

Comment from website FARK:

Why Trump still matters so much to so many Republicans. Take your pick – is it because A) they’re stupid; B) they’re really, really racist; or C) they just can’t bring themselves to admit their mistakes?

Um, all of the above?

Is it true that trumpy is going to change the name of Mar-a-Lago to St. Helena?

You heard this false news here first.

Which allows me to say that I’m hearing it. And by responding to your post, I can also say that people are talking about it.

Well, you read it on the interwebs so it must be true.

I’ve fact checked this. It’s confirmed by two different cites, here and here..

A lot of people are saying it…

By clicking that link, I discovered that disgraced former twice-impeached ex-president Trump (who only refers to himself as “the 45th” with none of those other qualifiers), is issuing one of these releases every day. And they get all the attention they deserve.

The Twitter withdrawal must be killing him. I hope its painful.

The sun is shining a little more brightly lately.

There’s a tweet about it.

I could be completely wrong, but my understanding is that Joe did not play at one of his own courses, nor stay at one of his own hotels, and therefore was not able to pocket the exorbitant fees that he would have otherwise been able to charge for himself and his security entourage, on the taxpayer’s dime.

Poor Joe, he doesn’t seem to understand the perks of the presidency.

I bet Joe didn’t cheat, either.