Post Party for Johnny L.A.

It seems that I can’t take an interest in anything on this message board without finding Johnny there too. Whether I post or not, he’s in those threads. I hope to get myself a nice motorcycle one day, and Johnny’s always involved in the SMDB motorcyclist community. Always full of information. He surprised me my checking into my pen freaks thread. I think he contributes to our community. (At least a lot more than I do.) Thanks for being cool, Johnny.

So, what do you love about Johnny L.A.?

I love that he doesn’t rag me for being a Harley chick…OR for being a scooter chick :wink:

:eek:

:o

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the thread, Freiheit!

Zette: I like scooters. :wink:

(Jumps out from behind a couch)

Surprise!

I like Johnny L.A. for sharing the powers of his Magic 8-Ball with all of us, even though (ahem) in my case the Magic 8-Ball turned out to be wrong (or, ahem, perhaps I was wrong as to the identity of Bachelor #1?). But it’s okay, Johnny, I’m still dedicating the next wearing of my lucky socks to you.

phooey.

twickster: Now you didn’t ask when B#1 would call, did you? :smiley:

“I said ‘Phooey’, and I meant ‘Phooey’!”
– Olive Oyle, Popeye

Freiheit: BTW, I’m currently using my Levenger Blue Mediterranean Fountain Pen. My Watermans and Esterbrooks, quills, dip pens, etc. are in my writing box in anticipation of my move.

Cheers to Johnny L.A.!

As I’m still in the market for a first bike, I have gotten a lot out of your posts in the motorcycle threads. And I remember one of the first threads of yours I read about driving style. I have admired your perspective in your recent layoff and house purchase. And, judging from your pen collection, it looks like you appreciate the fine art of handwritten correspondence! Johnny, you da man! :smiley:

I apologize for doubting you – and your Magic Eight-Ball. A certain bachelor crawled out of the woodwork and found his way to the phone last night.
Johnny, Johnny, he’s our man – if he can’t do it, no one can!

See? All hail the Magic 8 Ball! (Where is that thread, anyway?}

Let’s see… Freiheit, Zette, twickster. peritrochoid

Four! Four posters like me! Call me “Mr. Popular”! :stuck_out_tongue:

::::: I like you, too :::::
Actually, there are some posters whose threads I want to read, and some threads I open just because I see who the last poster was. You are one of them Johnny L.A..

Whats not to like about a guy who rides motorcycles, likes convertable 2-seaters and suffers with Jeeps? Hell, if he was fat, drunk and ugly, you couldn’t tell us apart! :smiley: I’ll look past that whole “helicopter” phase he is going through. He’ll get better. :wink:

Howz the job/moving situation going for ya?

She told me she loved me like a brother. She was from Arkansas, hence the Joy!

Hm. Maybe I should get drunk! :smiley:

Still no word from the company that laid me off. (I had an interview last Wednesday for a position in a different division.) I LVM for the recruiter on Monday, and sent him an e-mail yesterday, asking if a decision had been made yet. I also talked to one of my ex-coworkers who interviewed for one of the jobs. He hadn’t heard anything either.

I’m still “working”, BTW. My friend who still works in the department was having trouble running a job. Obviously I can’t fix it for her, but I told her the most likely explanation as to why it’s failing and what she needs to do to fix it. She said, “You’re the best!!!” I told her that I wish the company would believe that! I can stand to be employed for another year. Too bad I’m not there now, since I can fix the problem quickly.

I’m having lunch with her an another ex-employee tomorrow.

misstee: [drawing circles in the dirt with my toe] Aw, shucks! :o

Whats not to like about a guy who rides motorcycles, likes convertable 2-seaters and suffers with Jeeps? Hell, if he was fat, drunk and ugly, you couldn’t tell us apart! :smiley: I’ll look past that whole “helicopter” phase he is going through. He’ll get better. :wink:

Howz the job/moving situation going for ya?

She told me she loved me like a brother. She was from Arkansas, hence the Joy!

99 minutes between duplicate posts? Now that’s strange…

Um, you know I meant little girlie scooters, right? As in my Honda NH80, aka Number 5?
I love my scoot and I’m NOT ASHAMED!!!

see the resemblence?
Number 5, the namesake