Post what you know about big-time celebrities(that you are ignorant about)

Almost all of Brett Favre’s records are due to his longevity. Barring a career-ending injury or an early retirement, I fully expect Peyton Manning to beat pretty much all of Favre’s records, except for the most consecutive starts record.

Brett Favre also holds the record for most interceptions thrown in a career (324) and more telling, most games with at least one interception in a career (185).

I don’t particularly like the guy, but I think many of his fans overstate how good he really is. Sure, he’s a great player and will certainly be in the Hall Of Fame. But Peyton Manning is a better QB than Favre. Heck, I think Dan Marino was a better QB than Favre.

Okay, moving out of sports…

The Kardashians (sp?)

1. They’re sisters.
  2. There are 3 of them, maybe?
  3. They have dark hair and fake bake waaaaay too much.
  4. At least one of them wears those silly poufy things to make the hair on the crown of the head bump up.
  5. One of them had a video of her having sex “leaked” to the media, which I believe may have kicked off their fame to begin with.
  6. They have awesome curves and would, to my taste, be quite attractive if they didn’t look like they tried so hard to be attractive.
  7. They have a reality TV show.

What I really don’t know is…why? Are they actors? Singers? Girlfriends of famous people? I don’t think so. I think they’re part of that baffling “famous because they’re famous” young women cadre.

I’ll try, but I mostly know them from The Soup, which makes fun of them.

1. Yep, sisters. Their step-Dad is Bruce Jenner(who also has no reason to be famous anymore).

2. Not sure how many there are.

3. Yep.

4. I have no idea what you are referring to, but you are probably right.

5. Yeah, it was Kim Kardashian. It was Ray Jay, I think. He has an MTV show trying to find a girlfriend “Flavor of Love” style. I think his sister is Brandy.

6. Yeah, they are decent looking.

7. Yep, more than one I think.

Why? Their show is produced by Ryan Seacrest, which I think is part of his deal with E! TV. He hosts their news and is allowed to develop shows. What made anyone think to feature these girls is beyond me.

They are like Paris Hilton, I guess. Born rich, goes to parties, becomes famous for some reason(eve the sex tape thing). Gets a reality show.

They are quite baffling, I agree. They exist primarily to make fun of, like Paris Hilton again.

Other things I sadly know without having to look it up:

1. The three Kardasian sisters all have first names that start with a K: I believe they’re Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe.
  2. The Kardasians’ original claim to fame came from being the daughters of a celebrity lawyer. I believe their father was one of OJ Simpson’s lawyers.
  3. One of the Kardasians was a close friend of Paris Hilton and used to be at her side during various events, which got her reflected publicity. The friendship cooled when Kardasian started to be famous on her own.
  4. One of the Kardasians has a young child whose father is a professional athlete.

Oh. :smack: Nevermind that one. Turns out that one of the things I was wrong about was that I thought this young lady was one of the Kardashians. Nope. Turns out she’s Snooki, another “why is she famous?” young reality TV star. Who is not a Kardashian. But wears one of those silly poufy things to make the hair on the crown of the head bump up, as seen in that photo.

Checking Wikipedia, I find that one of the things I didn’t know about the Kardashians was how they spelled their name.

Their father was Robert Kardashian, who’s now deceased.

It’s Khloe who had the baby and the father is Lamar Odom of the LA Lakers.