Preemptive song ID from commercials thread

Here’s another request, may be a little vague –

There’s a Mitsubishi commercial showing three people driving along in a silver Eclipse (IIRC). There’s a woman in the passenger side who’s dancing in her seat. It’s a techno-dance-type tune playing – I really like it but don’t know who did it. Any ideas?

It is Elvis. Well, to be precise, A Little Less Conversation remixed by Junkie XL. Released 10 June in the UK and Europe on BMG, and to follow in the US.

Da nada, widdershins and RaCha’ar, the pleasure is mine. Helps me keep my Internet searching skills sharp.

Zanshin, that sounds like this ad, description taken from the CDNOW: Seen and Heard in Commercials site:

Who needs the clubs when you’ve got a car stereo? The group of hipsters in a recent Mitsubishi commercial certainly don’t. A beautiful pink-bereted girl in the passenger seat gets her groove on from the waist up as they coast through a night cityscape in a Mitsubishi Eclipse. The pulsating music that fuels their trip is Dirty Vegas’ hot electronic song “Days Go By.” The song is now available as a single. A re-mix of the tune is also featured on Peter Rauhofer’s Essential Mix album.
Unfortunately, no sample was available on that site, but I’ll look for one elsewhere.

Melandry, the “Trust us, you’re gonna want one” is for the Toyota Camry, but I haven’t found the ad info yet. Maybe you can give us a description of the commercial in case there is more than one?

Thanks, MisterThyristor! Your search skills are nothing more than amazing, and you have proved yourself to be a scholar and a by-God quality human being. Kudos!

if some whore with a pink beret was pop-locking in my car i’d reach across her, unlatch the door and boot her out.

man that girl is annoying.

Melandry, as near as I can tell, the music was written exclusively for the commercial by Robert Miller of Amber Heavenly Music, an ad agency. He has written other things, however, and has a solo CD out called The Possible, don’t know if you would be interested in anything on that.

Thanks. After posting it did occur to me that it wasn’t as much a song as a score (gee, that sounds pretentious, a commercial with a score?). Which makes the fact that you tracked it down even more amazing to me.

A-ha! That’s the one!

Thanks! (It took me a couple of days to find a friend that had a copy so that I could listen to it. Now to get it!)

What gets me is the Clarinex commercial playing what I think is some song by the Who.

Yes, it’s from ‘Overture’ off Tommy. I knew it was from Tommy but not where.

Thers a new Chevrolet commercial which shows various CM cars. A song with the words “Na na na na na,na na na” it sounds like older rock.

That’s “Land of 1000 Dances” by Wilson Pickett.