Premier League 2020-21

In the Merseyside derby today, Everton beats Liverpool 1-0. Everton’s first win at Anfield since '99, 23 derbies later, and the first time Liverpool have lost four straight at home since 1923. True, in this covid era the ‘home’ concept doens’t quite hold, as before. (Then again, Liverpool isn’t the only team dealing with an empty home stadium.) They’re in 6th and 7th spots, level at 40 points. Pickford made a number of awesome saves, especially coming up big against Salah, close in, late in the game. Nice build-up to the Everton goal.

Man City seem comfortably ahead for now, but the next six spots are a toss-up, and even Tottenham and Aston Villa could possibly still eke their way into C-League territory, but not putting money on it.

Nitpick: 2-0. First win at Anfield in over 20 years. At this point teams are salivating at the prospect of seeing Liverpool on the fixture list. They look more likely to finish outside the top 10 than in the top 4. I’m sure they’ll turn it around but this is one scary slide since Christmas.

:man_facepalming:

To add to Liverpool’s defending woes (allowing nine goals in their last three games), captain Jordan Henderson had to leave the pitch with what looked like a ham injury, adding, now, to the three already injured centrebacks.
For that reason alone I’d be at least concerned how well they can turn it around.

West Ham 2-1 Tottenham

Moyes = Manager of the Season

So depressing that as an Arsenal supporter I am not even hoping for a point at Man City. Just hoping it’s not an embarrassment.

Well, you got your wish!

Can’t believe what’s happening with Liverpool. How do you go almost 4 years unbeaten at home to now losing 5 games in a row at home (a club record)!?

Liverpool supporters were in the awkward situation this week of cheering on crosstown rivals Everton and galactic rivals Man United in the hope that they would take precious points from West Ham and Leicester. Everton obliged, but Man U did not, perhaps hampered by a crazy schedule (four matches in eight days).

But all congratulations to Man City, their third title in four years. Amazing results since December.