President Barack Obama is a shameful hypocrite.

Back when the top tax rate was 95% - absolutely not. They want to take us back to the 1750’s - when everybody except landed white men knew there place.

I am not generally a fan of the Democrats’ various initiatives and plans. That is, I am the polar opposite of the the people who responded that their support of Obama is based on his not being a Republican.

However, I must disagree with the criticisms you’ve leveled here. The President is the officer in whom discretion is vested to decide our foreign policy implementation and our classification scheme. It’s for him to decide if a particular secret should be leaked or not. We certainly hope that he won’t do it for political gain, but you can’t have it both ways. He decides. If we don’t like his decisions, we have a remedy at the ballot box. Elections have consequences. Obama’s got every right to manage the disclosure of secrets as he sees fit.

Well, after reading the linked article, while I agree it’s an issue worthy of comment, I don’t see it as the dire threat to the nation that you seem to.

What you need to do now is demonstrate through facts that a) this single issue overrides all other considerations as to who should be President; b) that Romney would somehow be ‘better’ on this single issue than the current President. I will wait for your no doubt ironclad argument.

I’m going to vote republican just to counter the vote of somebody in this thread.

Although I voted for Obama in the primary, I am disappointed in him. I do not disapprove of his policies, but he seems to be incompetent. It was a colossal mistake for him to force through an unpopular health care plan that will probably be overturned by the Supreme Court while unemployment rose, and has remained higher that it was when he was inaugurated.

I am not sorry that we do not have a Republican president. I am sorry we do not have a Democratic president who can out think and out maneuver the Republicans.

At this point I think Obama should pull out of the race, like Harry Truman did in 1952, and encourage Hillary Clinton to run. Nevertheless, I will vote for a yellow dog before I vote for a Republican.

I see. You were a staunch Democrat until you happened to stumble across this thread this morning, and it got you so upset you’ve decided that now you absolutely must vote Republican, is that pretty much it?

Let’s compromise on the 1890’s with robber barons, union busters and share croppers.

He might be. But if you think another of these lame-ass post from you demonstrates that, you’re an imbecile. Actually, it’s already been established you’re an imbecile. And a lazy one at that. You’re unable to dissect information and craft an argument. Instead you take these ridiculous blind partisan, Onion-like diatribes and serve them up as if they prove something. Do you even bother the shit you cut and paste? If you did, you would realize that no one with at least two synapses to rub together would give them any credence whatsoever. But this thoughtless, lazy, cut-and-pastemanship is your stock and trade. I’m kinda surprised I never realized to this extent before, but you’re moron andy a buffoon. I just don’t get why you would be attracted to a debate board at all, when you don’t engage in the practice.

Now, “discuss” that.

Because a good deal of the time, people on the SDMB really and truly are the mindlessly partisan, knee-jerk automatons they accuse everyone else of being.

They aren’t all like that. But there is a core contingent who really, actually are as Pavlovian as they seem.

Regards,
Shodan

FWIW (basically nothing, I know), I’m strongly in agreement with Jon Stewart’s take on the whole death list/leaked information thing.

Summary:
Things we should care about: Obama has a “death list”, and is apparently using semantic tricks to redefine “civilian casualties”.

Things we should care much less about: Someone is leaking this information.

Things that are jaw-droppingly alarming: People are claiming that the leaks are purposeful, because they make Obama look good.

I hope this was tongue in cheek. Obama is engaged in acts of war against Iran with no congressional oversight. You’re talking bullshit.

Its hard to answer bullshit without getting some of it on you.

This thread is just too astounding for me to offer comment. I do have a request however.

When I read this, all I can imagine is one of the fake commentators on Jon Stewart’s Daily Show delivering the line to uproarious laughter. Can you link to a Youtube of you delivering this line?

1. a president is engaged in acts of war with another nation on his own accord and the Congress has no oversight. That is an empower not a president whose powers are expressly outlined in the U.S. Constitution.

2. my intent wasn’t to say Romney would be better. I think he couldn’t be worse but that is beside the point. I am wondering how someone can endorse a shameful human being and still claim the moral high road on the Republicans.

BrainGlutton, I just wanted to say that “Abundance of melanin, etc.” is still leaving me in stitches over here. :p:D

Like if you did not painfully avoided that he explained was his experience with some of the examples he mentioned.

Lets be clear, there is plenty of evidence that showed before who is really the definition of the one doing a lazy, cut-and-pastemanship over here in the SDMB:

If hypocrisy was a reason to not vote for someone, nobody would get elected

Yes. Iraq wasnt about WMDs, it was about oil and revenge. {/opinion}

Yes, as a longtime student of American politics, this whole thing seems pretty clearly to have been devised by Republicans as a Republican talking point. They saw a fact, that some information about Obama’s national security policy has been leaked, and decided to craft a campaign narrative around it. That the campaign narrative really makes no sense (the Obama administration would behave in a complicated, manipulative way in order to win Democratic votes by coming off as a bullying warmonger) marks it as something developed by Republican campaign strategists.

Do I have issues with some of Obama’s national security policy – absolutely. Do they rise to the level where they would override my support of him? Definitely not. Does this side issue of the leaks figure into my opinions? Not at all.

This.

EVER having a Republican in the White House again is absolutely unacceptable.