Presidential Mnemonic

There is a mnemonic for the US Presidents where the first letter of each word is a President’s initial. It starts “When A Joke Made Me A Joker …” for Washington Adams Jefferson Madison Monroe Adams Jackson … It goes on from there to at least the first Roosevelt. Does anyone know the full version?

Never heard of it before. But as I was waiting for the post to open, I started composing one…“while a jumping marmot makes apple jelly, Victor helps the process through family planning. Bob looks jaded, grasping his green and checkered handkerchief. Can marmots really tread water? Hardly…”

I’m tired. And is it easier to remember a 43-word essay than the names of the presidents?

And for Msties, this is beginning to sound like “hey everyone, let’s pitch in 'n get cracking here in Louisiana…”

I don’t remember the whole thing, but I ran across one in a book several years ago on the same page as a dandy little ditty for the English monarchs: “Willie Willie Harry Stee / Harry Richard Harry Three…” (John is apparently left out 'cos he was evil, but I rather think the reason is because the only way Richard and John will fit into the meter leaves a mildly racy result.)

All I can remember of the presidential mnemonic is "Lincoln just gasped, “Heaven guard America”, which gets me through the first twenty years of the Civil War just fine.

Of course, I’ve actually memorized the order of the Presidents and their terms of office so a mnemonic is no use to me. But then I’m a freak like that.

OK, this sort of thing tends to not make any sense, but it does have the advantage of the first two letters of each mnemonic word are significant. Sometimes more, if not all. Feel free to adjust to taste:

Wally Adams jeered Mady Monroe’s admirer,
jazzed vamp Harrietta Tyler,
poked Taylor Fillmore,
pinched Buck Lincoln’s joiner,
grabbed Hazel Garfield’s artificial cleavage,
harrassed McKinley Roosevelt,
tangled Will Harding’s cockle,
hobbled Rose Truman’s eight Kennedy johnsons, &
nibbled fondly Carrie Reagan’s bulbous cliton, but…
he wasn’t such a tough guy after all.

Hmm, we’re missing a Garfield, right?

The Jewish Girl’s Guide to Fellatio:

With
Any
Jewish
Man,
Monica
Away!
Just
Vacuum
His
Penis.

The
Protestant
Boy
Loves
Jewish
Girls
Hungrily
Gobbling
Crank.

Hard
Core
Mormons
Refuse
To
Watch.

Hindus
Can
Hardly
Restrain
Themselves!

Every
Knob
Job
Necessitates
Finding
Correct
Religious
Behavior.

Hrm. I just realized that the above mnemonic leaves out some presidents who came into office via the vice presidency. Sorry.

Back to the drawing board.

And Clinton, ironically. :wink:

Revised, to include those Presidential Superstars: Tyler, Arthur, and Fillmore

The Jewish Girl’s Guide to Fellatio:

With
Any
Jewish
Man,
Monica
Away!
Just
Vacuum
His
Tyler-ized
Penis.

The
Fundamentalist
Protestant
Boy
Loves
Jewish
Girls
Hungrily
Gobbling
At his
Crank.

Hard
Core
Mormons
Refuse
To
Watch.

Hindus
Can
Hardly
Restrain
Themselves!

Every
Knob
Job
Necessitates
Finding
Correct
Religious
Behavior.
Any revisions or suggestions would certainly be most welcome. Thank you.

To add the last two:
Crank it,
Bubalah!

I probably misspelled that, but you know what I mean.