Which president did I forget?

The other day, just to see if I could do it, I tried to list in chronological order the US presidents since FDR. I think I was prompted to do that because of something I read where it showed the numbers of FDR and GWB. Anyway, after I had satisfied myself I had gotten them all – in order – I checked my list and saw that I was missing one.

Who was it?

(Try this yourself and see if you can get them all – in order. If so, you’re a better American than I am. Even if you’re not an American.

Also, if you can close your parentheses, you’re a better type-person, too.

You don’t provide enough info to answer the question.

Okay, then. Which US president would be most likely to be left out of the list from FDR to GWB?

(There is no one right answer. More of an odds type thing. Mostly for fun.)

My cash is on Gerald Ford.

Good guess, but not the one I missed.

Grover Cleveland?

That Chester guy.

I always seem to forget Bush I, for some reason.

Wasn’t he before FDR? If not, then yes I also forgot him. (Not the one I missed, though.)

Another pre-FDR guy. Not him. (Arthur, right?)

If only we could. Both of them.

Harry Truman?

Okay, so it’s FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, right?
Personally, I almost forgot Ford and Reagan and I remember them both well. I even remember that Reagan was Ford’s running mate when he ran against Carter, which confused me for a minute.

There are lots I forget pre-FDR.

Swede here, who’s apparently a better American than you, 'cause I did get them all, even though I was sure I had missed one. I was unsure about the gap between Harry Truman and John F Kennedy and I knew Dwight Eisenhower was in there, but who else?

As it turns out, there was no-one else, so I did have the complete list. Fancy that.

Anyway, I’ll guess Dwight Eisenhower.

Nope. Harry was a dude. I remember him better than the one I did overlook.

Not Ike. Too big a hero.

Not my sweet darling Jimmy surely?

That’s the one. Good old boy Suthna. The Southern Rock bands played everywhere on his campaign. The stuff with the sweater. The Iran hostages. But I must have slept through those years, or else was “busy” with other things.

I was totally embarrassed. Imagine.

I’ll guess LBJ. Kennedy and Nixon had such unique presidencies, he’s easy to forget.

At least for me - I forgot him too.