Pride vs Beer

Until the next time you had to wee. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right. If you need the refrigerator, you’re not drinking them fast enough.

-Santo, who’s been known to play video games with an uninsulated six pack next to his chair.

Wait, I thought this story was about beer.

You never own beer. You only rent it.

Our office is adjacent to a company that does promotional work for Bacardi and other stuff.

Last week I took some scrap out to our shared dumpster, and there was a box in there with an unopened bottle of Vidal ice wine in it. (Value on the shelf – ~$45.)

I left it there. Mostly because I wasn’t about to head back into the office with a bottle of wine I took out of a freaking dumpster – but I have to admit that I did hesitate. (Only long enough to consider that even if it was in good condition when it was placed there, it was likely heated to more than thirty degrees for a couple of hours at least.)

I would still like to know why it was there.

You may feel a slight sting, that’s pride fuckin’ wit ya. Fuck pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. Fight through that shit. ‘Cause a year from now, when you’re kickin’ it in the Caribbean you’re gonna say, “Hampshire was right.”

It might not be the best thing to name your Band.

PETE’S PUB PRESENTS
FREE BEER
9 AND 11 PM
$1.00 DRAFTS!

:confused:

No, sorry, it’s Beer>Pride>Corona. I’m not dumpster-diving for Corona. Or Coors. Gimme a decent brand, though…

“Ginger, I bought you some beer, honey.”

Have some of this.

Just a warning - it’s a barley wine with 8.9% alcohol. That’s some considerable pride.

Find a hose, spray it off, drink it down.

Way back when I drank a lot of beer, I would have been satisfied to swab the bottles in passing with a slightly used tissue before sharing them with my friends. And my friends wouldn’t have minded.

Beer whips pride like a rented mule.

Dumpster diving is great. Free stuff! What’s not to like? I should clarify that, though - I prefer stuff left beside the dumpster, not in it, but if it’s on top and in good shape, it’s mine, baby.

Unless we’re talkin’ Schmidt’s or Coor’s Light or somethin’, ain’t no such thing as pride.

Ya done right!

Man, after a night of packign books and moving boxes thereof, I’d swig down old Colt .45 Wouldn’t pay for it, wouldn’t even go out of my way for it, but if God puts free beer in front of you, you drink it.

Great username/post combo. :wink:

Back when I was a teenager, the restuarant I worked at was right next to a Revco (now CVS.) We dumpster-dived in that thing religiously. They threw out all sorts of cool shit almost every day.

So, the answer is, I would have absolutely no problem taking the beer. I would only have a problem with it being Corona. Mexican beer isn’t at the top of my list in the first place, but if I’m gonna drink one it’s gonna be Dos XX, Modelo Especial, or Tecate in a pinch. If Corona is the only beer around I’ll have water. Can’t stand that junk.

That was my thought on reading the thread title - “Pride vs Beer? In London, Pride is beer!” Normal London Pride is a standard real ale, 4.5% I believe, and pretty decent stuff when kept well.

Heh - that brings up quite the mind-picture for me, with robes and hymnals and chanting and stuff. Now, that’s a church I can get behind! :smiley:

Nuh uh. He goes to that same store to buy me $50 Canadian Ice Wines. Which I don’t share with him.