Prince Dead at 57

This is a hard blow. I’ve seriously been a fan since toddlerhood.

Wow, that’s a tough one. His music was a big part of the soundtrack of my youth.

Oh, good Lord. I can’t believe it.

Huh. Can’t see I saw that one coming.

Wow, he seemed immortal, like Bowie. Yeah, never saw that one coming.

Now I’m seeing that it’s a hoax. Which is true?

There’s a report that there was a fatality at Paisley Park, Prince’s studio in suburban Minneapolis, and the only source I can find is TMZ. Clicking the link brings up a 503 service unavailable error. So I think it’s bullshit.

I can’t say I saw it either. I wasn’t a fan, didn’t know much about him, but his impact on music and culture was clear, and I believe those who say he was extraordinarily talented.

ETA:This site says confirmed by police. Beats me if they’re credible or not.

TMZ is never wrong. RIP.

Here’s what CNN is saying.

It seems to be only from one source, the tmz site, which is now down.

There was apparently a hoax that he died on the 19th, and that is what the “prince death hoax” reports are talking about.

Everything I have seen is that A DEATH at Prince’s “party mansion” has been confirmed by police. Not yet Prince’s death.

I just got finished reading the David Bowie tribute edition of Rolling Stone at lunch. Not ready to read the Prince one yet.

His publicist confirmed it.

Damn. The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Associated Press seem to be confirming, quoting Prince’s publicist

Godammit. Godammit.

So this would make him The Artist Formerly Known as Prince again?

NBC just broke in to the Today Show with a Special Report. He is gone.

Truly an excellent and original musician. RIP.

There’s a report that there was a fatality at Paisley Park, Prince’s studio in suburban Minneapolis, and the only source I can find is TMZ. Clicking the link brings up a 503 service unavailable error. So I think it’s bullshit.