Pro-Life=Fundamentalist Moron

At least according to the infallible, inerrant people at StarDestroyer BBS who has labeled me a “fundamentalist moron” [on some other message board] for stating sincerely and honestly that I thought abortion was wicked and immoral equivalent to murder when someone stated that his wife was to have an abortion. The OP certainly didn’t say “Please don’t criticise me” and in fact he was polite and civil to me about the whole issue-it was the other members who raised a typhoon of excrement. If it was say a thread about a homosexual getting married or a man engaging in premartial sex I wouldn’t have commented but since this was the actual murder of a fetus I felt compelled to say something.

My heart bleeds.

Well, “fundamentalist” might be a bit strong.

I read the thread title and thought you might be coming around. Too much to hope for just yet, I suppose…

Curtis, what the FUCK did you expect him to say? The guy is going through a very difficult time, and you just barge in and accuse him and his wife of being murderers.

You’re an ignorant, insensitive little shit – it was NOT the time for moralizing about your beliefs on abortion. The guy did NOT need a lecture from some thirteen-year-old kid with an agenda.

How dense can you GET? Go fornicate yourself.

What do you expect me to say “Oh go ahead” or “Yeah that’s no big deal”? I think if you’re truly think something is evil or immoral or wicked you should speak out.

Uh, I don’t know, how about SHUTTING THE FUCK UP! He wasn’t ASKING for your opinion!!!

The worst part about fundamentalists is not their views. It’s the need to evangelize.

Stop trying to sell your shit. People will come get your shit if they want it. If you push it on other people, it’s just shit.

Wicked is one of those judgement words that fundies like to throw at anyone or anything that doesn’t fit their personal world view of all that is blessed and sacred. You could possibly have avoided being tagged as a fundie if you had stayed away from that word.

I’m not sure about moron either, but you qualify as heartless or cruel at minimum, for failing to take into account the emotional state that the poster and his wife must have been in.

Ten weeks is just barely foetal. It’s a potential baby, the size of a berry - it’s not sentient.

Equating its termination with murder is moronic. Sorry about that.

Well if he posted it on a public internet forum you should expect to get some feedback-its not as if he was just telling friends and family-his words could be seen by thousands of people mostly strangers.

Maybe you could do a ride-along with your local police force. Perhaps see an actual murder scene. Not toss the word out there as readily afterward.

Why are you dragging another board’s drama to this one?

Don’t they have somewhere on that Board you can complain, instead of taking a crap here?

And sometimes, when it’s none of your business and you will be causing hurt for someone,
Maybe you should just shut the fuck up.

13-year-olds don’t know shit. He’s 14, so he has far more accumulated knowledge and wisdom than any mere 13-year-old.

But the good news for you, Curtis LeMay, is that eventually you won’t be 14, and at some point you may develop some compassion for your fellow human beings. At that point you might realize there’s a time and place for everything, and that when someone is going through a hard time and posting about a difficult decision, that’s not the time to jump up and down screaming that he is evil even if you disagree with what he’s doing. You might realize that kicking someone when he is down is almost never moral. I hope you’ll never find yourself in a position like the one the OP of that thread was in because I wouldn’t wish that on anybody, but things like that do happen in life. We find ourselves doing things we’d have condemned when we were young. Sometimes it’s just a compromise we convince ourselves we need to take, other times our opinions change. I’d keep that in mind the next time you think about condemning someone in yet another fit of youthful righteousness.

And the good news is that even if you never have that realization, it’s probable that nobody will listen to anything you have to say anyway. Why would they listen to someone like you who has almost zero experience and tons of unearned moral certainty?

It was still not your place. And if HE posted it on a public message board, so did you.
It was not the time, or place for you to lecture him.

Curtis LeMay, what do you think Jesus would’ve done in your place? Do you think he would’ve grandstanded about how they’re killing a baby? I don’t.

(I must say, there’s something about the idea of Jesus posting on a Star Wars message board that just cracks me up.)

Second worst? Their views.

This, my body is. Take and it eat, you will. In memory of me, do this.