Problem with images

I just tried to post a link directly to a jpeg and Discourse decided that I wanted the image and so started copying it over. No matter what I did, there was no way to just link to it. And, of course, the board is set up to block inline images, so the post could not be made.

Please find some way to fix this.

Let’s test it:

ETA: It worked. :raising_hand_man:

Nope, didn’t work

I’m sure I did something wrong.

It did work.

I see it.

It is like when I tried to use Excel at work, and it kept deciding what I was about to do, and that goddam paperclip kept offering advice. Long before auto-correct, I was the one shouting at the computer, “Stop helping me!

Posting a flickr image “share” link on a line by itself works:

Imgur

The problem with images is that they should not be allowed on SDMB.

Sorry for asking a silly question, but…

Can we or can we not post images? And if we can, are there simple instructions you could point me to, for that? (Pls not a 300+ post, tips and tricks thread!)

Can we post a link to a photo? And if we can, please direct me to where there might be instructions on how to do so.

A thousand thank yous, in advance, for your kindness!

The image has to on another site.

Just put the link (URL address) on a line by itself, and the image will show up.

Um…do you mean it first has to be on a photo storage site? By any chance?

Gonna try again,

Coronavirus in Ethiopia: ‘Incredible recovery of man aged over 100’ Coronavirus in Ethiopia: 'Incredible recovery of man aged over 100' - BBC News

Yes, exactly.

On a line by itself:

Let me see what I can get.

Yup. it works.

Here’s another try.

This image is from AlJazeera.

I gave up on photo storage sites when photobucket went sideways.

Anyone have any suggestions which to use? ( I’d prefer not to pay, don’t really want storage, just a spot to upload to so I can post here!)

Hmmm…

To show an image from my computer here, I used imgbb. This is the post.