OK Hampsters ate my first post so this one will be a bit short.
I downloaded and installed return to castle wolfenstein fine. When I try to load it it starts up ok, plays the little movie thing. I get to the screen where you put in your name etc and it freezes. Totally, cant move the mouse, keyboard nothin’. Here are the mininmum system requirments, all of which I believe I meet
I. Minimum System Requirements
- Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP OS (Windows NT 4.0 not recommended for clients)
- 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible system (including all 32bit drivers)
- Intel® Pentium® III 600Mhz processor or AMD equivalent
- 128 MB RAM
- 32 MB 100% fully OpenGL® compliant 3-D video card
- Microsoft® Direct X® 8.1 or higher (not included)
- 271 MB total disk space for game files
- 500 MB free disk space for swap file
- 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible keyboard
- 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse
- 100% Microsoft® Windows® compatible sound card
- For internet play, 100% Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP compatible 56.6k modem or better internet connection. 56.6k modem play is not recommended for games with more than 8 players total; broadband players should be able to handle up to 32 depending on their connection with the server on which they’re playing.
The following video cards were fully tested with Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory:
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
GeForce 4 MX
GeForce 2 Ultra
GeForce 2 MX
Radeon 9700 Pro/128
I Have a presario 6000 with a pentium 4 and window’s xp. I am also able to play similar games like BF 1942 which i believe has almost the same system requirments. Anyone got any ideas?