Project Runway 8/12

I don’t get it either.

I have all the fashion sense of a four year old so I will never get picked for this show but were I to go on it I would do the following:

Visit Mood. Note where the entrance is, the cashiers are, the specific fabrics and the extras like fastenings. I think this would help me use my time there more efficiently.

Watch every single episode. Attempt every single challenge given.

Think carefully about effects like time constraints, low budget materials, unusual materials and working with unfamiliar sewing machines.

Practice my poker face.

I have no idea why the contestants don’t appear to do any of these things.

As for last night someone needs to tell Gretchen to lay off the makeup in the close-ups when she’s talking directly to the camera. She looks like a little girl who got into her mommy’s makeup case.

I liked her design even if her attitude sucked. The rest of the designs were largely pretty good as well. Casanova need to be sent home yesterday. He has no taste and his apparent lack of familiarity with this show is grating. Someone on TWOP called him Curious George. I haven’t been able to look at him the same way again.

Gretchen certainly got the bitch edit, but many of her comments made it seem like she really could be a bitch.

The design that I thought should have been in the top three instead of Gretchen’s was Christopher’s – the other napkin dress.

I really like Lifetime’s site for the show – http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway – especially the extended judging videos (which help explain why Casanova survived) and Under the Gunn, where Tim interviews the losers.

I agree. Thanks I’ll check out the site. Another thing I was wondering was why they nixed the Models’ show. I liked seeing the models and getting to ‘know’ them.