Proud Member of the SDMB "99'ers"!

Can you search by user id? Is Cecil number 1?

Over 2k posts is low?

:eek:

Really, I’ve just always wanted an excuse to use the horrified smiley.

This November will mark my 7th year on the SDMB. :eek:

This, of course, means I started on the AOL boards…IIRC, with an inane (and archive-able) question of “Why are Grapenuts called such when they are neither grapes nor nuts?” My screenname was just my first and middle name–LauraRae. This was also the case with the SDMB moved off AOL; however, in December of '99, I felt the need to be at least a teeny bit more creative. Voila! Ruffian I became.

I’ve seen quite a few people come and go and change screennames…so much so that nowadays, there are very few people I recognize (and likely, who recognize me). I remember Melin-gate, the loss of Wally, Satan and Drainbead, and even the “Who was Mr Ruda Duda” monster thread from AOL. I also remember the post that eventually inspired MPSIMS as a forum–someone posted a link where one could get Titanic wallpaper (computer-type, that is). The mockery that followed was priceless.

Meanwhile, I’m trying to figure out what member number I am…nothing like the SDMB for distraction…

Dammit, so near, and yet so far…

Oh yeah, I meant to comment on what a bunch of geezers there are in this thread…
(no need to duck and run - with all these old-timers, I’m sure none of you could lift anything to throw at me, or catch me :D)

I may have missed the dead line by a few months(I had been a lurker for a long time though). But how many of you were cool enough to register on leap day?
Oh yeah, that’s right, '99 was just a boring old year not cool enough to have a leap day. :wink:

:cool:

It seems a silly question to ask, but how does one find out what one’s member number is? I don’t see mine in my profile.

It’s in the URL when you go to your user profile

Why, you… Get off my lawn! ::shakes cane::

Ditto!

Member #1980 checking in. My post count is quite low, considering that I at least skim the boards pretty much every day.

Joined in 99. Loved the books, loved the show on A&E, never had AOL, though my sister did, so whenever I visited her I’d visit the site. Read the website (archives, etc.) when it left AOL, got bored one night and decided to start reading the message board. Signed up and loved it, left for a bit, and have found myself reading more and more these days.

Yeah, sure, another arrogant lightweight. You’re just a flashing in the overall universe. If you choose to really get on our nerves, though, keep in mind that we’re friends of Og (FOO.) And. Og. Smash. :mad:

Member # 366, signed up on March 25, 1999, checking in.

And unable to believe that I didn’t see any of those earlier 99 club threads.

I’ve been threadkilling and me-tooing since November 13, 1999. :cool:

I’m another Juner 99er.

09-28-1999

#66, March 1999.

(if I can include AOL days, my debut as an SDMBer was August '97)

Did the article actually say that about Cecil, or did they reprint this column? If the latter, you’ve misquoted. Cecil says, “If ignorance were cornflakes, John, you’d be General Mills.”

By the way, I’m a 99’er. Don’t recall my member number, but it’s nothing special.

I didn’t lurk, when I first saw the site I felt I needed to ask a question, no matter how silly it was (IIRC it was about hollywood actors holding guns sideways
:slight_smile: )
But I post infrequently too.